Monday, 24 November 2014

Joy ...to the world...

Hi!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend? What a freezing cold day it was today here in London! I'm taking my winter puffy fluffy parka tomorrow morning! It was my first day in my new job today and it was a great day! All colleagues are lovely and after sitting two fun test required by the agency I had some fun getting to know their systems... more to be done tomorrow! I missed the blogland though because my blackberry is on the way out and no longer displays pictures, doesn't lock and getting online is always accompanied by a prayer followed by a massive fail! I'm definitely getting an iphone soon! I will then be able to keep in touch with you all more once I have one... for now, I will be probably a bit quiet during my days and will be catching up later at night. Please bare with me!

Today I have a quick post for you where I'd like to share a wintery card which I made the other day...





The background is a Brusho wash, the gorgeous trees are from the BoBunny stamp set that came with the Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine, both of which are gorgeous! the trees were embossed using a white Wow! embossing powder and the snow dots were created using the gorgeous silver pearl embossing powder, also by Wow! The 'snow' is made using the gorgeous 'shaved ice' by Cosmic Shimmer. it's so pretty and sparkly in a real life! it was sprinkled over some Mod podge. I also added a bit of Diamond stickles to the star. The sentiment scallop circles were layered using some dimensional tape. Simple yet effective card, I think! I hope you like it! Feel free to let me know what you think about this one, I always appreciate your interaction with me here via my little blog. I'll look forward to reading your comments tomorrow and hopefully will have time to re-visit!

Challenges entered:
Wow! Embossing Powder - Mixed Media
Pan Pastel UK  - Cold and frosty colours
STAMPlorations - Stamps & layers
Stamping Sensations - Simply Christmas

Thank you for visiting! I will be back tomorrow with not one, but two cards!!! Something to look forward to ;)

Take care!

Ingrid xxx

22 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Ingrid, love your background and all the lovely sparkle. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say i agree with your choice of phone as i moved to Android and use a Galaxy Note, the screen is so much bigger and the photography more fun as the camera has a much better lens and images are sharper, but that's just my opinion lol. Needing a larger screen was also a vital component in my choice.

    Am ADORING your Brusho background, very Northern Lights and a perfect companion to the white frosty trees, very special indeed Ingrid.

    Glad all went well on your first day and i like the sound of your winter puffy fluffy parker, just want to wrap up and snuggle after your melodic description.

    Enjoy your days and we will see you when you have time.

    Hugs
    Mo:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You purple background and those stunning trees - swoon! Great to see you playing with us at STAMPlorations. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingrid, my dear friend, I'm delighted to hear your job is starting off so well! They are blessed to have you, which I've probably already told you... but it never hurts to hear it twice, right?! :o) I'm sorry your phone isn't doing so sparkly but know you will love your future iPhone!

    As for your card... it is exquisite! I LOVE purple sky backgrounds and yours is the loveliest I've seen. The snowy trees are extraordinary and I love all of the texture you gave the snowy ground. The sentiment is equally beautiful, which your peaceful landscape pairs so wonderfully with. As always, your project is marvelous! I look forward to seeing what you have planned for us tomorrow! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, have fun at your new job! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Ingrid gorgeous colour's love the tree's and all the sparkle hope everything goes ok for you in your New job
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, lovely trees and snow, great work! Love the non traditional background color! Nice to read that the first day at your new job was een succes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of this card, the trees look stunning
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and even more gorgeous Inka! Loving all the sparkle and that background is just too yummy for words. Stunning Christmas card....you do know you are sending me one this year :))

    Extra big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ingrid

    So glad you're first day worked out well. Good luck in your new job. Pretty freezing down South today too!

    This is a stunning Christmas card. So striking with the purple Brusho background and the brilliant white + snow bling! FABULOUS!

    Hugs, Sarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful winter card, those trees look magical.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful background and I love your Christmas trees.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the peace in this card... and you are sending this out to the WORLD at large... very much needed at this time. Your work, as always, My Friend is delightful and soul rewarding... I love the richness of this PURPLE and the cleanness of the shaven snow... Have fun working... it is with much love that you will spread your feelings... do so with gusto... happiness to you and your family... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple it may be, but it is also stunning - love those gorgeous trees! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very pretty and such striking colours Ingrid.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    I have some candy here and you are very welcome to enter.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow ... GORGEOUS card Ingrid! LOVE the purple Brusho background ... and all that shimmer of the snow is amazing --- lots of sparkle, shine and texture. Hope you are enjoying your new job ... it's such an adjustment going back to work full-time. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply stunning, Ingrid! LOVE the Brusho background, such gorgeous colours. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Stamping Sensations for our Christmas Challenge.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, your brushos background is spectacular! Love the white trees against the dark sky and that glittery mica snow is just stunning! love it you creative master, you! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my this is the prettiest sky :) Love how the embossed trees are sparkling :) thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness Ingrid - this is absolutely stunning. Love those trees - they just pop off the page with the shimmer. Love the purple background. Simply gorgeous.

    With hugs
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh la la. Is that BG really that lovely purple? Wow. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've missed so many posts recently, I'm blaming it on the run up to Christmas and temperamental iPad!......this is so pretty, the colours so striking and dramatic, beautiful as always Ingrid! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.