Thursday, 13 November 2014

My go at the Craft Stamper challenge

Hello, crafty people!

I hope you are all well? A big warm welcome to my new followers! It's so great to have you close by! I hope you will enjoy my posts... x

I have a very quick post for you today, possibly two quick posts, if you're lucky ;)

I have been wanting to join the new Craft Stamper November challenge: 'Use a non Christmas stamp to create a Christmas themed image!'

First, I made a card where I created a tree, white embossed on a light gorgeous purple Brusho background. By the time I finished the card it looked like a work of a school kid that made a card for his Mummy with no Christmas stamps! BECAUSE it wasn't made with a Christmas stamp! Off to bin it went... I don't give up easily though so I made a wreath with the stamp... nope! It looked ok, but it wasn't ME! Back to the drawing board!

In the end I came up with a totally different design which I would like to share with you today and I hope you will appreciate the fact that it wasn't created using a Christmas stamp.




I'm not sure I'm liking my photos now that they are 500px wide! What do you think? Here's the one in original size about 800kb: 


So much better, right?:)

The stamp I used to create my pine branch is from the Avery Elle stamp set Petals & Stems. It's tiny and adorable. I used three Memento inks in green colours. The baubles were die cut out of my Brusho-ed paper, I left the pieces in and used the Diamond stickles to highlight the swirls. The pine branch was stamped over the front panel which was then propped up with some dimensional tape. It's a fairly simple yet effective card, I think! I hope you like it! 

Challenges entered: 
The Craft Stamper - Nov - Use non-christmas stamps to create a christmas project
AEIHeartUChallenge - Holiday
Stamping Sensations - Simply Christmas
Pan Pastel UK - Add some bling!

Thank you for stopping by! I have some lovely (well, I think it is, but I'll let you to be the judge of that!) Christmas vintage tag for you. I also have another Christmas card so don't forget to come back soon! I'm off to get ready for my interview so must dash! ;) 

Oooh, before I go!! I am looking for a nice gold embossing powder. I don't want anything dark gold, green gold, ugly gold, I want pretty light gold opaque kind of gold embossing powder. Any tips? 

Have a great day! 

Ingrid xxx 

31 comments:

  1. Well I certainly love your card Inka....and I bet the other 2 were lovely too! Beautiful colours on it.

    Ha ha ugly gold,you are funny. Have you looked at the Ranger range? Gold is not something I use much,I prefer silver

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Ingrid, love the bright colour. Thanks for joining in the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation Ingrid, loving this die and gorgeous colours used....
    aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS baubles colours, loving the branches, a beautiful card Ingrid :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great great and very clever. hope your well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the colours! Hope you are feeling really well now! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Christmas creation.Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations challenge. Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ingrid, thanks for the visit and pleased you liked the Powertex, the one I used was Bronze but it comes in other colours too. I use mostly Cosmic Shimmer embossing powders as they have a good range of different colours but I also like to stamp with a gold ink and then emboss over the top with clear powder, don't know if that would be better for you. The bauble card looks lovely Ingrid. Have a happy and crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic Christmas card, I think you have done an amazing piece without the use of the seasonal stamps.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so pretty but also so very elegant Ingrid.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at the Take It, Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful card Ingrid those baubles look luxurious a superb make
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very pretty! Those ornaments look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful, I would never have guessed it was created without using Christmas stamps, it is very clever indeed. I don't really use gold EP but Ranger do a nice selection. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning, such a beautiful design and I love the colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you've created the pine branches! I can see now you've explained how you've created them - so effective, especially as you've used different greens with the stamp. Good luck in the challenge. Ranger powders are great and WOW do some good ones too that are great for detail. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very regal looking Christmas card with you choice of colours. Beautiful.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ingrid, this is truly spectacular! I love your use of the non-Christmas stamp to make your pine branches! The varying shades of green have such a beautiful impact and I adore your elegant and super sparkly baubles. :o) Wonderfully designed and executed, as always. :o) (OH! I forgot to mention in my previous comment that I'm glad you're well on your way to recovery! I hate that you experienced so much pain. Sending you lots of hugs for enduring and for the times you still don't feel the best!)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. How the heck did I fall so far behind...yipes!! This is stunning my friend, I just love those glittery ornaments! I definitely like the larger image, I like to be able to zoom in and see all the fun details! big hugs and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous and the colors are so striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card, Ingrid! I love the glitter baubles and the stem stamp makes a great pine bough. Thanks for playing along with Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Christmas baubles Ingrid. Great job making a Christmas card without using Christmas stamps. Such a difference with the two photographs. The larger pixel shows off the design of your swirly ornaments and is much lighter in colour. I need to play around with my camera settings ... my photos are not good! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those ornaments are gorgeous. I just love the sparkle and shine and the color is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous work Ingrid, so happy you played along at Craft Stampers Take it Make it Challenge and good luck:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card ..... love those sparkly baubles. Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving your baubles and great colours too. Oak House Studio do a lovely light gold - called Pearly Gold - not antique, not brassy etc.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh such sparkly baubles! Glad you shared the larger pixel sized photo too! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You know I looove it Ingrid and thank you for linking up over at Pan Pastel UK as well. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty Baubles and I love the tiny stamp used to make the branches, they look real. Thanks for joining us in the TIMI challenge this month. Nikki. xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. SO pretty! LOVE your gorgeous ornaments! Thanks so much for playing along with Avery Elle AEI{heart}U!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.