Friday, 21 November 2014

My Whimsical Christmas Girl

Hello!

How are you all doing? What a day I've had today!!! Absolutely crazy, but good crazy! Very good! :)

You know how much I love journaling, but you may have noticed that I haven't shown you much of that of late. I like to draw faces and I love sketching just for myself... there are things that I share and that I don't as much... there is a lovely challenge over the **ART*JOURNAL*JOURNEY* (I hope I got the stars right :)) called 'Inspired by Masters'. I have been dying to join Susi's challenge for some time and when I found out about Valerie's choice of a theme I thought I'd have a go.... this time i decided to share! Not only because I got inspired by
Andrea Gommol (this face is mostly inspired by her, but is a completely a product of my imagination and my drawing skills, of course... ;)), Ady Alamanza, Dina Wakley, and other wonderful face painting artists, but mainly by my dear friend Donna who is a true artist to me! She encouraged me to share my 'faces' with you all and she has been a darling during my crafty journey. She always has a word of encouragement or an inspiring work on hand and therefore I'd like to dedicate this journal page to her! Thank you, Donna!


...a little bit different angle trying t catch the stickles...didn't really work, did it?! :) 

aaaah, caught a few here... :) 

You might like to know a little bit about this girl... she's a bit grumpy! She can't believe the Christmas is nearly here and hasn't bought any presents for her other half yet :/ ... hence the expression and the bare tree... I will do my journaling later... next time, she will be happy and excited, because she received some great news!

I hope you like her... I tried taking photos when it was really rainy and dark here in London.. I think I need to move to the Bahamas or somewhere like that ;) .. anyway, I worked on her for about a half a day, I won't tell how it was done as you get the idea :) Right? Ok, if you have any questions then feel free to ask... the camera totally refused to take a picture of the diamond stickles dots on her fury trims... well, just take my word for it.. it looks pretty :)

I'd like to enter my whimsey christmas girl into a few more lovely challenges...
We Do Doobadoo - Christmas
Anything But A Card - Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl - November colour challenge: RED (plenty here, I think...)

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you can visit again soon! Can't wait to read your thoughts! Your time spent leaving a comment is really appreciated! Thank you!

Hugs,
Ingrid xxx


21 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful whimsical style Ingrid, your grumpy lady is awesome! Her eyes are so full of expression and you can see where she might want to put that tree lol.

    So glad you shared, will look forward to seeing more of your journalling and drawing talents very soon:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg she is fab and you are so clever cant wait to see the happy girl. I have bought images not half as good as this you have a great talent and hope to see more of it. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE this big time :))))). She is sooooo gorgeous,the colours are out of this world Inka,I can't believe how perfect she is,those eyes are to die for,you must share your makes when they look like this! What did you colour her with? I'm stunned seriously.....I WANT a Christmas card with her on it,you really are one talented,rocking chick :))

    Extra big arty hugs

    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful gal, she likes like you put a lot of work into her. Valerie

      Delete
  4. wow is this beautiful the eyes get you, the colors are perfect, never be shy about entering your beautiful art

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Ingrid - she is stunning. You did a fabulous job in creating her. Love her eyes and your whimsical style. You knocked it totally out of the ball park. Gorgeous!! I love the colors you used - there is so much beauty and depth in the entire creation. WOW!!

    Hugs
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingrid wow this is a stunning card..lovely image and design
    aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Ingrid, this shows such a different side of you! Amazing colouring (and drawing skills) so glad Donna persuaded you to show it, - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is stunning Ingrid, you really have done the most wonderful job - the eyes in particular are fabulous.... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is a hit and so beautiful-... perfect!
    You should definiteley do more drawing and painting!
    I am very happy to have you with us this month again dear Ingrid!
    Finger crossed for the job... do you know more meanwhile?

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is beautiful, Ingrid,,,I love her big expressive eyes! Would love to see her happy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Ingrid, this is just amazing! Such a gorgeous piece of artwork and I love the story that goes along with it! I'd be grumpy too! lol. I'm glad Donna pushed you to share because this just proves once again that you are the master! big hugs and happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, she is a beauty, love those big eyes, so deep and expressive. A fantastic page, looking forward to seeing more .
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ingrid, I am glad you are sharing as this is totally delightful. The eyes are wonderful...I have not seen that line across the eye before but it gives a super dimensional effect.
    Thank you for joining in with Anything But A Card this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ingrid you are totally amazing, this is stunning, WOW....love her and her eyes shine like crazy thanks to your colouring...clever, clever girl..xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Your drawing skills are amazing -- those eyes are just incredible!! Aww the talent in blogland....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl...you are such an artist! WOW...just WOW! I can't get over the eyes...simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! Ingrid, your talent is endless! Your creation is spectacular... I had no idea you could draw like this. :o) I hope you're proud of this creation because it is a true work of art. I love the story, too... I think it's so important to have a story when designing, especially something like this. It's what gives such life to the creation. :o) Her eyes are extraordinary, right down to her sparkly eyelashes! You are a wealth of talent, aren't you?! :o) Stunning work, my sweet and kind friend. I am so happy you shared her and am eager to see the next version. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. The coloring on this one is sooooooooo brilliant it's like u have put life into this beautiful girl :) breathtaking !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing Ingrid ... you are so talented. I love this girl with her pouty face :) I'm so glad you shared this with us. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome.Your painting skills are awesome.I know drawing and painting a face is not so easy and you did it wonderfully well.Love her grumpy expression and those gorgeous eyes.Thanks for playing along with us at Anything but a card challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.