Friday, 21 November 2014

New Crafty Catz challenge: Winter Theme

Hello!

A big warm welcome to my lovely new blog buddies! Thank you for joining me here! 

It's time for a new challenge over at the Crafty Catz Challenge Blog and it is our sweet Dianne's turn to select a theme. Dianne would like to see you create a winter themed project for her 'Winter Theme' challenge! 


This week's challenge is kindly sponsored by Sami Stamps and the lucky winner is promised to receive a $12 gift card to the shop at www.samistamp.blogspot.com (that's equal to 3 images of choice). How cool is that?!  


My card: 



How adorable is this owl?! :) I wanted to create a light brown/light blue combo and I hope you like how it turned out! 
The owl was ligtly coloured in with my Caran D'ache pencils, I added some light brown fun flock to her and some Glossy Accents to her eyes. The wavey cardboard comes from my chocolate croissants box :) Not only that it created a fab stamp using my gesso on my last tat I created for my Speed Craft Challenge, but it made a really cool panel on this card! I sponged it a bit with the Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, just like the rest of the card. I love when I can give something a new life/purpose. 

 Challenges entered: 
Sami Stamps Challenge  - Anything Goes

That Craft Place - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by! I will have something a little bit different for you soon so keep an eye out! :) 

Now hop over to the Crafty Catz (click on the image) and check out the fabulous inspiration from my amazing teamies! 



Hugs, 
Ingrid xxx 

21 comments:

  1. Love your owl card! The color combo is lovely, I always love these two together. And what an idea to use your chocolate box lining, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Ingrid! Love the glossy accents on the eyes! Great snowflakes too! happy weekend my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this is soooooo cute,the little owl is a real sweetie,love everything about this one Inka,fabulous card. I also love that circle paper in the background....wouldn't mind this dropping through my door as my Christmas card :)

    Extra big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card .. I love owls and this one is such a cute one!
    Happy weekend dear Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That owl IS adorable and quirky. I love all the textures you've added to really make him pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a super card for the challenge this week, he looks so lovable...have a good weekend
    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello hunny, wonderful card this week, have a lovely weekend, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real adorable card, love the cute owl image.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Ingrid beautiful colour's and fabulous embellishments have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Love the layered snowflakes. The glossy eyes looks great too.

    Have a gr8 weekend!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Ingrid, love the colours and awesome wavy card, such pretty snowflakes too, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous owl image Ingrid, you made him look gorgeous, great card...xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That owl is ADORABLE! Especially with the glossy eyes. Beautiful colour combo Ingrid ... love brown and blue together. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww Ingrid, this is such a precious way to send sparkly winter wishes to someone! :o) I adore owls and this one is such a cutie pie! I love your color palette and your stunning combination of patterns and texture. How gorgeous are those snowflakes?! :o) I always leave your blog happy and inspired... and I hope you know that. :o) Lovely work once again, my talented friend. Thank you for the get well wishes! It was a tough weekend, but I am on the mend a bit now. You are a sweetheart and I am truly thankful we crossed paths. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous layers and design and the owl is sooooooooo cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card. Great layout. Sorry I'm so late in coming to see you. Hope you've had a great week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Love the image and layout with the snowflakes framing the image, and his shinny eyes. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Sami Stamps.
    Ruza ~ SS-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. So adorable!! I absolutely love the brown/blue combo and your little owl is so stinkin cute!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sami Stamps!!
    <3 Emily L.-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.