Thursday, 6 November 2014

Speed Craft Challenge: Anything Goes!

Hi there!

A big welcome to my new blog buddies! I hope you will enjoy my posts! 

Today is an exciting day! Guess why?! That's right, new challenge starts at the Speed Craft Blog and it's exciting news all around! Not only that we have some fab inspirational makes from our NEW team, but also our new challenge is 'Anything Goes' hosted by moi! :) 


As our challenge is about ANY type of craft and as it is an 'Anything Goes' challenge I had a free hand to make anything I wanted! YOU can do the same! Just grab a few items, set the timer for 15 mins and get crafting! We'd love to see what you can make and you can win some badges for your website in a process! Fun, right? 

Now onto my make! I played with some Brusho and Tyvek the other day and here are the results of my play... 



You know me, I can't leave things alone and LOVE experimenting as well as coming up with new techniques. So, as always, I asked myself... what if... I patted some Versamark ink over my tyvek and sprinkled some Stampendous frantage over the whole thing... and heated it!!! Oooooh, guess what happened! It was so much fun I had to make two :) I couldn't possibly let you guessing for too long so took some pictures for you... 




Again, I couldn't leave it alone and though,... what if... (my thoughts always are...what if..., it's just me)...I heated the heck out of it until it totally shrunk!! Well, this is what happened... 



How cool! I immediately thought, this is so quick it could be a quickie craft make for my challenge! I decided to make a pendant out of the other one so I gathered some broken up jewelry (I knew they would be useful one day!), some metal pokey tool for making holes, other bits and bobs, hit the timer and got crafting. 15 mins later I had one pendant... 






... about 10 mins later I had another one! 



Here's how to: 
1. pat your tyvek paper with some embossing ink
2. sprinkle with your choice of embossing powder
3. heat up your tool until it is warm enough and start slowly heating and moving your tool around so it is all evenly shrunk to your desired size (once you heat it so it can fit in your palm it won't go any further), you can cut some edges off when still a bit warm, also you can mold it with tweezers whilst still soft
4. let it cool down
5. heat the end of your pokey tool with a heat tool, make a hole in your cooled down tyvek plastic-y fabulousity 
6. hang it on a chain as it is or you can add fun bits like I did... this is all up to you! 


This could be a fun way of making a little Christmas presie for a friend or a key chain of some sort... Next time I'm going to make something with the bubbled up tyvek I made with Brusho that I showed you at the beginning of this post. Also, just thinking... what if (here I go again..)... I was to really shrink it with some embossing powder, flatten and stamp into it! Oooh,.. I MUST try it!

Challenges:
Anything But A Card - Anything Goes (The turquoise pendant)
Craft My Life (All Crafts Challenge) - Oct/Nov (Anything Goes)

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you can join us this time! Hop over to the Speed Craft Challenge blog where you can link your 15 min project via a new linky. 

Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx 


17 comments:

  1. I love using Tyvek Ingrid, heating it for as long as you can really makes it feel like leather but still pliable, did this technique many years ago and made some beads.

    Your brooches are awesome and very colourful. Loved that you made them in under 15 minutes, Christmas presents here we come. Thank you for such great inspiration :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, this is absolutely amazing Ingrid! I just love how your creative mind works! NOW...will somebody please tell me what the heck tyvek is and where I can buy it! Pretty please! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Inka this is beyond yumminess! Now I want some of this stuff,it looks wonderful,love it and I hope you are going to wear it with pride :)

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fab idea I want some too
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects, lovely ideas there! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just googled Tyvek - never heard of it - but if this is anything to go by looks wonderful! Nikki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pennants - that blue one is fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, fabulous projects. Will have to find out about Tyvek as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so incredibly talented :) I love everything you create !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how your mind works.I think your experiments were pretty fruitful and what a neat idea to turn the Tyvek into pendants.Very unique.Thanks for playing with us at Anything but a card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea Ingrid, I have some Tyvek so I might have a play this weekend, fabulous creation in 15 mins! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing!!! Who knew you could make jewelry from crafting supplies meant for cards. FYI, I have no idea what Tyvek is ... but now I have to look into it! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pendant, loved the way you coloured the tyvek, not paint but embossing with broken jewellery, thanks for joining us at Anything but a card challenge #41!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty Ingrid, just saw it at our challenge at anything But A Card and I had to see it! I need to know if it available here too.. Thanks for sharing this with us at Anything But A Card Challenge this month. Good Luck, Rupa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello my friend! Well I finally got a chance to give your Tyvek paper technique a try. I just posted it, if you would like to see. I gave you a shout out, hope you don't mind! holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so lovely and you are so creative Ingrid! Thank you so much for joining us over at Anything But A Card... xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.