Monday, 1 December 2014

Eclectic Ellapu challenge: 'Vintage Christmas'

Hello! 

I hope you are well? I enjoyed my first week at my new job and had a full-on weekend! Each day was a bit crazy. Monday was my first day, Tuesday was rather interesting, Wednesday night was spent at a local a&e with Chloe after she bashed her head, Thursday was ok, but busy and I woke up with a big cold sore on my lip probably because of the stress on Wednesday. I went to the Hobby & Craft, Art  & Christmas show in London on Saturday, had the pleasure of meeting Leona from GlitCraft at the show, bought heaps of stuff there (can't wait to play with it all) and enjoyed my Sunday with the family visiting the local Winter Wonderland event. The kids enjoyed the rides, we had some lovely food and mulled wine form the stalls... very, very busy week! 

It is 1st December! Goodness! Christmas is coming! Talking about Christmas and 1st December ... today is a very special day! A brand new challenge is starting over at the Eclectic Ellapu challenge blog where  my lovely teamies and I share our creations for this month's challenge. I am very excited and honoured to be a part of this fun! I hope you can play along with our challenge: 


'Vintage Christmas'





I decided to create a Christmas tag. As much as I wanted the tag to look christmasy I wanted it to have unusual colour combination, something a bit more unique and non-traditional. You might know that in some other parts of the world Santa or Father Christmas wore a blue coat. I decided to combine browns, creams and blues on this tag and because it is a Christmas tag I needed something shiny (what an excuse, huh?! :)) but didn't want to go all the way shiny and sparkly so I used my grungy textured subtle sparkly background technique again and must say am very happy with the result! To add more 'shiny' elements I adhered some pattern papers to the back of the glass pebbles before adding them to my tag. These are adorable. I must use them more often! The deer is a Spellbinders stamp, combined with a Prima music sheet stamp, some Distress inks, cut out, Glossy Accents to its antlers... pretty, pretty, me thinks :) I also added some rusty bits and bobs to create the illusion of 'old'.  
The bottom strip is an embossed mulberry paper that was distressed using the Walnut Stain ink by Tim Holtz and the rosette is a handmade piece out of a pattern paper. I hope you like my vintage tag! Feel free to share your thoughts! I appreciate your sweet comments and very much enjoy reading them. 

Challenges entered: 
We Do Doobadoo - Get festive! 
Just Us Girls - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great week! I will be back soon! Big bear hugs, 

Ingrid xxx 


25 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation as always Ingrid, just love the colours and dies,images/stamps used.
    aNNie xxThe Journey is the Start
    My candy is found here....http://thejourneyisthestart.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/brea-ornament.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is fab love the texture and colours hope your 2nd week goes a little less eventful hugs sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tag Inka,loving the colour combo you've used. Beautiful textures as always too.

    Hope this coming week is quieter for you!

    Extra big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your vintage tag Ingrid, the colours are gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ingrid, this is stunning! Wow! Look at that background... it is breathtakingly beautiful! I LOVE the golden hues with the rich blue/green. The deer is exquisite, I always adore rosettes of all kinds, and I love every gorgeous accent you added. What a beautifully designed tag, my talented friend! I can't wait to see what you make with all of your new goodies! And you had quite a week... I'm glad Chloe is okay and that you survived your first week back to work! Sending you extra sparkly hugs today! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Ingrid. Love the colours. . Might have to nick this.....
    Lisa EE teamie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, you really have had a busy week! Hope this one is more settled. Love your beautiful tag, great background and wonderful embellishing! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag Ingrid, love the rich deep blue, and that deer is super cute. You can certainly see a lot of work has gone into this - stunning.
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love alternative colours for Christmas projects. This is beautiful sweetie and is good to have you aboard as an eclectic girlie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag Ingrid, hope this coming week isn't so hectic for you.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous textures, great colours and lovely imagery Ingrid. Hope this week will be less stressful for you, hope Chloe is better now:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry your week started out bad, but glad you ended it with a boat load of goodies at the craft show! Your tag is gorgeous! Love the color combo you used! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous, rich colors you've achieved on your tag! A real beauty with all the great dies, embellishments!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag! Love all the elements and texture you used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ingrid - I more than like your tag - it's absolutely GORGEOUS!! The color combination is divine, so many details and beautiful elements. I am so curious what your grungy textured subtle sparkly background technique is? Gorgeous as always Ingrid.

    Hugs
    Laine K

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Wow, Wow!! LOVE this vintage tag Ingrid. The colours are amazing. Love the blue peaking through the gold, sparkly stenciled design. Will have to find your grunge technique you talk about ... would love to give it a try. Amazing details and elements that create one spectacular tag! You might want to enter this into Virginia's View challenge -- all things distressed. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, sounds like you had a full-on week. Sorry to hear about the trip to A&E, but very glad to hear that you're settling in to the new job.

    Stunning tag - wonderful colours (no surprise I like them!), and gorgeous sparkly shimmer. It's a complete treat!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. grungy textured subtle sparkly background technique... it sounds good.... I am really curious what you mean by it?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. sure hope your new job is going well this week! this is a stunning tag, I have always admired this reindeer!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, wow a super tag love the sparkly bbc background. Great style and design.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOWSERS Ingrid, this is spectacular!! It sure would be nice to learn how you did that...HINT HINT! I'm not very subtle, am I? ha! I have already added this stencil to my wish list in anticipation! Fabulous colours and interesting bit about Santa wearing a blue coat, I love that! Congrats again on your new DT post, they sure are lucky to have you! big hugs my crafty friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely Vintage tag, Ingrid!! This is a great challenge piece for the EE Pink Team!! Love the stenciled and glittery background and that darling little deer--sooo cute!! I just had to come over and say HI :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this is gorgeous Ingrid, love those colours and that subtle sparkle looks fab. Thanks for joining us at We do Doobadoo this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whatever you touch turn into a gold... I love how u do it, u r such an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful, vintage card, love this Ingrid, just gorgeous! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.