Big welcome to my new lovely followers! Thank you for joining me here!
How are you all doing? I've been watching your gorgeous creations popping up in my blogger feed and been wanting to explore more! You're such a talented bunch!
I have something for you too today! It is quite late in a day, I realise, but I had so much fun over the weekend there's a lot to show you. Before I do I would like to say a BIG Thank You to Tania from Wow! Embossing Powders for the wonderful Happy Mail that she sent me. I am very grateful for your generous gift! xxx
If you have followed my blog for a while you will know that Wow! EPs play a big role in my crafting and are my most frequent choices. I was trying to find a really nice golden EP and Tania offered to send me some for me to try. Not only that she send me a whole bunch of gorgeous shades of golden EPs but also added some others from their wonderful selection of regular powders. There are so many brands and so many types of EPs it can sometime be overwhelming when it comes to choosing just that ONE! I would like to make it easy for you so I will simply show you what Wow! offers and how it cam be used. I decided to break it up into a few posts over a few days and I hope you will enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoyed creating with these powders.
From top left:
I created a little colour chart with these powders to show you the difference...
I also added my Silver Pearl EP by Wow! to show you how gorgeous it is. It is just like a white, but it has the most beautiful pearl sheen.
I marked my lids of the pots to make it easier for me to pick the right shade. It have saved me a lot of time when creating...
Here are a few samples to show you what can be done and how I love to use the powders...
This was bright blue! I heat embossed this twice using the Gold Rich EP then sponged around the edges with black Stazon.. I also used it on a project which I will show you another day!
This is the gorgeous Metallic Platinum EP. I heat embossed simple wooden heart embellishments twice, stamped into the hot powder and let it cool. In the end I sponged over the raised areas with my black Stazon. Gorgeous colour!
You can easily add some sheet to a white die cut, embossed twice. This is the Silver Pearl EP.
You can also use the Silver Pearl on a coloured cardstock for the pearlescent finish, it's beautiful.
I really love customizing shop bought embellishments like the Docrafts frame above. A touch of the gorgeous Metallic Brass EP here for extra interest.
Here's a wooden flower embellishment that was covered in the gorgeous Pink Sorbet Glitter EP! I can't wait to play with this more!
The Metallic Silver is just wonderful! It's really bright and shiny silver, not dark or grey! It looks real! Love it!
This is the lovely Gold Pearl EP... it is very, very elegant!
I couldn't stop playing with these beauties! I had a real urge to make something with them and I came up with this...
I made a quick picture frame for my photo of my dear angel Grandma and the little me :) I was about 7 or 8 there, I think...
Here are some close ups for you...
I used the Gold Rich EP on this frame. It is exactly what I was looking for! Gorgeous and bright, not brassy or green toned, not dark.. it is PERFECT!!!
Using these powders is a real pleasure. I'm not saying this because I want to repay the favour... I am honestly very happy with the quality, the colours and the textures you can achieve. My findings are as follows:
- the powders melt fast which for me as a cardmaker is a real bonus. It irritates the heck out of me when I have to heat the powder for too long to the point my paper starts warping... the card is not going to look good no matter how hard you try, if your papers is all wavy! The speed of melting of these powders is brilliant. it doesn't take long at all so that is a BIG plus for me!
- using these powders with stamping gives a gorgeous and crisp image and that's invaluable if you want to create an intricate image. You can use their fine ranges for this, they are great for embossing sentiments too!
- there are so many colours and types of powders to choose from. I am a bit fussy when it comes to matching cold and warm toned colours and I am forever grateful when I can find my perfect match. Wow! as a company satisfies in this area!
- the finish can be perfect OR you can be more adventures and achieve some fun textures using even the regular powders... see the key on my frame? Well, it was a plastic hot pink key that I heat embossed twice then dipped into the powder whilst still hot and then started melting again, but rather than melt it completely I stopped once I saw the slight granular texture in the crevices. Fun, right?!
- You can use the powders on pretty much anything! I will show you a burlap tag that I made over the weekend! ;)
- You can use them to alter items if you want to change a colour, add a bit of sheen, create a resist, more distressed look or just add interest, just like I did with the handmade flowers... oh! It wouldn't be me if I didn't share an extra tip or two. I found that using a quilling tool for rolling these die cut flowers is very, very helpful and much quicker! Thanks, Mum! (it was my mum's idea :)).
I cannot tell you how happy I am that I had the opportunity to try so many of them and you will see me using them on regular basis for sure. I always thought highly of the Wow! EPs and I have not been disappointed. It still remains my number 1 choice! I can't wait to show you more so stay tuned!
Thank you for stopping by!
p.s.: Challenges entered (my frame that is):
Simon Says Stamps Monday Blog - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog - Bling It On!