Thursday, 4 December 2014

Speed Craft Challenge #8: Butterflies

Hi there! 

How's everyone? I just want to say... I have seen your gorgeous projects, they are ALL amazing, you are such a talented bunch! I just haven't been able to find time to comment. I will be more free this weekend so I will be in touch then! Sorry I've been a bit quiet! I would also like to welcome my newest blog buddies, thank you for joining me here!

Thank you for stopping by today! There's a new challenge starting on our Speed Craft Challenge Blog and our lovely Laine has chosen a sweet theme, my favourite: 

Butterflies

Excited? I was! Here's what I prepared... 




The phone is letting the card down! I will take a new one on Saturday when I have a better light and my next task is to get a light box or make one at the very least! This winter darkness is unbearable... now I work from am to pm I don't actually get to see the light of the day.. 

The card base and the panel are very simple, a white cardstock cut to size... 
I stamped my Jumbo butterfly (Stampendous), cut it out (this took ages, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack when I got to the anthenas!!), anyway, wiped the sweat off , piled on the poor sod some Light Modeling Paste by Liquitex (love this stuff!), sprinkled some frantage (Stampendous, blue), heated, sprinkled some more on the card front and heated... stamped onto a left over white card strip (tim holtz - notice the lower case letters  *wink, wink*), made holes for the brads, adhered it all togehter... a voila! Done! I forgot to take a pic of my timer again!! Sorry, the timer was showing 14:53 mins (it was a squeeze! My butterfly had to finish drying too, but it was done as far as I was concerned...)

Well, your turn! Show us what you've got! That's what I call a challenge! Have a go... hop over to our blog (click on the badge)... 


Thank you for stopping by! Big bear hugs to you all! 

Ingrid xxx 

19 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL Inka....loving the blue frantage,must have a look at the liquitex stuff,sounds good. Yep these dark days are terrible,I'm at home and I still can't take any photos :(

    Extra big light filled hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ingrid this is stunning gorgeous colours in the Frantage and I'm loving the butterfly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good Ingrid, one of those you want to touch. You had slightly more time than me left!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning wintery butterfly, and it has such great texture. Beautiful!! Big hugs, Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ingrid you are a stressed out bunny! To make your lightbox try following these directions:
    http://m.wikihow.com/Create-an-Inexpensive-Photography-Lightbox

    Love the Frantage on your butterfly it really is a beautiful colour. Great post today, made me laugh and sympathise with you at the same time. Wondering about the nudge nudge wink wink you mentioned, maybe linked to 2015, just a guess lol.

    Take care & remember to breathe:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your butterfly looks beautiful, know what you mean about the light for taking photos, its a real problem.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Ingrid, love the butterfly. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome Ingrid and all done so quickly and love the butterfly. Have a good weekend put your feet up and slow down. lol. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliantly designed, lovely colour combo and gorgeous added beauties.xx
    aNNie
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ingrid, this is stunning! The butterfly is truly lovely... you've completely transformed it from its beginning as a stamp. :o) The texture and color is amazing. I really need to get some goodies to experiment with like this! The sentiment is equally lovely and something to take to heart. Wonderfully done, my talented friend! Thank you for ending my very long day on such a happy note. :o) I'll be back soon! Have a beautiful Friday!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Ingrid, this is amazing! You know, I have this running list of products that you use that I am trying to get my hands on...I am now adding this modelling paste to that list! It looks like whipped cream, amazing! The frantage really looks spectacular! Another stunning project my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ... gorgeous texture on your butterfly Ingrid. LOVE the frantage ... so pretty in the blue. Hope to find time to play along this time ... busy time of year. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ingrid, I'm just playing catch up after a hectic few weeks and wow you have been busy, what gorgeous crafty projects! This butterfly is stunning, love the texture you've created
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely delicious - love the lighter than air colours and the trail of shimmer left behind as your glorious butterfly flutters off. Fabulous card!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome butterfly Ingrid!!! Love it and the sentiment you used is perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! so elegant, such a beautiful, beautiful card Ingrid. Hugs Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.