Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Mixed Media Bigz Butterfly #1

Hi! 

I'm so excited to share my card with you today! I bought the Bigz Butterfly by Tim Holtz with my Santa monies and haven't used it until now! It nearly killed me! Just imagine! This beauty was sitting in my craft drawer boxed and unused! Until I got my crafty hands on it and made this,... 





... I covered the die cut and embossed butterfly in my white Gesso, then in the crackle paint in Picket Fence by Tim Holtz & let it dry fully. I added my Distress inks (Victorian Velvet & Pumice Stone) to top. The base card was sponged, distressed, layered with the gorgeous paper by Lilly of the Valley (sponged & distressed too), the front panel distressed as well, I used the gorgeous Damask stencil received from my dear friend Loll and my Liquitex light Modeling paste with some iridescent glitter to top. I added a piece of the gorgeous lace by Marianne Designs, a piece of colorized ribbon and a die cut sentiment (Docrafts Large Sentiment set). I decorated my Butterfly with Stickles too! I wanted this card to have the shabby look but also tried to keep it a bit grungy. You know I like to mix grunge and glitz... I call it Glam Grunge... there is something about using natural and glitzy or grungy and glitzy together... creating a contrast and texture. What do you think? 

Between you and I... the butterfly wings are not the same so pay attention when decorating your cut out panel... make sure you decorate the right side, yeah! :) LOL! 

I made another card using the same butterfly... well, I have two more to show you, but I'll leave it for another day... 

Challenges entered: 
Country View Challenges - Use Something New (Bigz Butterfly, pattern papers, lace...)
Pan Pastel UK  - Happy Birthday 
Try It on Tuesday - Add some fabric (I used white tulle under my layers, some lace & a ribbon... hope this counts)

There is more crafty makes coming tomorrow so there's something to look forward to, right? :) have a lovely night or day wherever you are. Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx 

18 comments:

  1. Loving the glitz and grunge together Ingrid and all the texture you've created...a gorgeous card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Ingrid, it must be so hard to have a new die and not use it so well done for finding the time.

    Fab colours and textures, it's good to see you reflecting nature and adding imperfection to your butterfly, nothing is ever perfect.

    Looking forward to your next cards.

    Mo:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to use your new Layered Butterfly die! Don't you just love it? This has got be be my most loved die! Your card is so pretty, with the glitter, the crackle and the tulle! Love everything about it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.. such a beautiful piece Ingrid! GPRGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card and ai hadn't seen this die cut before.

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at TIOT. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - that's an amazing card. Talk about a focal point . . . that butterfly is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Ingrid, so glad you got to use your new purchase! One of my all time favourite dies and it looks stunning here!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, gorgeous Ingrid! I love all the texture and glitter! The monochrome really works here and it's such a great colour! Good tip about the butterfly not being symmetrical...I never would have noticed that and probably would have decorated the wrong side!

    Switching to DT mode - Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Add Some Fabric' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is fab Inka,I'm loving the rose pink,love that colour. Once again your use of texture is amazing,up to your usual high standards of No.1 artistry of course ;)
    Big fluttery hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah Ingrid, now that you have cracked it open and used it, there will be no stopping you, I think it is one of Tim's best and you have showcased it beautifully! I found out the hard way that it is not symmetrical too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the crackle and glitter on the butterfly...I have the dragonfly which still hasn't spread it's wings...must let it out! A beautiful card. Hugs Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Ingrid, Fabulous card, love the colour with all the textures and glitz.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card with lots of textural layers. Many thanks for joining in with our "Happy Birthday" challenge over at Pan pastel Challenges. Lou

    ReplyDelete
  15. Scrumptious textures and I love how the butterfly's wings are emerging from the paper behind - really great first use of the die, and I bet we'll be seeing some more of it! Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes I really need that die! Just saw your candy at Speed Craft Challenge and letting you know about it here - will enter a second time over at SC Challenge, have added the photo to my blog with the links so thanks very much for the chance Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ingrid, you have a new follower :) (that would be me) I looooove your Glam Grunge style!!! It is fantastic! The butterfly treatment is absolutely amazing and I love all the distressed layers you added to the base..This is one show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Ingrid. ..stunning in every way!! So happy you joined us at pan pastel UK xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.