Friday, 2 January 2015

The Cardmaker 2014 with the Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine!!!

Hello and Happy New Year!! 

I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating the occasion! ;) 

I so wanted to make this announcement yesterday, but had to keep it a secret a little bit longer... Last year/a day before yesterday :) ... I promised to reveal my news/plans for 2015 and here it goes... 

I am the winner of the national competition run by one of the UK leading cardmaking and craft magazines, Simply Cards & Papercraft!! I am The CARDMAKER 2014!!!  Yay!!!

***
I have won the first prize ... over £1000 worth of craft supplies! I haven't received it yet and can hardly imagine what a £1000 prize looks like! I can't wait to play with it all! The competition was sponsored by a number of amazing companies! 
***
I am now published in the January issue as the 'Cardmaker 2014'! See the image or simply buy a copy of the magazine! Not only you will see me in it ;) but you will be inspired seeing the amazing makes from the oh-so talented design team! 
***
I have been invited to become a part of the magazine design team meaning my crafty makes will be published every month in 2015. You will see my first makes in the March issue! 
***

We were asked to submit 3 projects, out of which 2 were to be cards and a 1 off-paper project. I made a mixed media wintery card and a fab red festive card with Brushos and white embossing. My off-paper project was a mixed media grungy looking altered bird house, I even made speckled eggs for it! :) I really thought about my makes and spent some time working on them as I really, really wanted to win. So when the email arrived telling me I won I started jumping up and down and squeaking like a little girl, my little girls had no idea what was going on but joined me anyway and we were like one mad bunch of girls in that moment, but it was a great feeling! So exciting! 

I would like to say a BIG thank you to Amy Wanford (the editor of Simply Cards & Papercraft) and her lovely team for selecting my makes. I am forever grateful for this wonderful opportunity! Thank you! xxx

I have many plans for 2015 so I hope you can all join my creative ride and enjoy the fruits of my labour! I do have one and only wish for 2015 and that is to bring you more and more inspiration in 2015 and the years coming! 

To celebrate the occasion I will soon announce a blog candy on my new challenge blog, most likely mid January 2015...


... so head over to check it out, read the rules, join the blog and keep an eye out so when I do announce it you can join the fun! The Blog Candy will be announced on the Speed Craft Challenge blog! Don't miss out! 

There you have it! I look forward to the coming months for sure! I hope your 2015 is filled with love, happiness, good health, wealth and endless crafty fun! I shall be back soon with some crafty goodness! Feel free to leave me a comment or three below! I shall look forward to reading your thoughts. Big hugs and all the very best to you all, 

Ingrid xxx 

35 comments:

  1. Oh my GOOOOOSH! You're famous! Can I have your autograph?! I've always thought your work was downright fantastic, so I'm glad to see it recognized! Congrats, girly! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE HUGE HUGE CONGRATULATIONS Ingrid, i can only image you were fit to bust keeping this quiet! Am so proud of you, your talent speaks for itself and am so happy for you.

    Mahoosive Celebratory Hugz
    Mo :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ingrid!! Wow ... this is so exciting and I can just imagine you and your girls jumping for joy! :) What a wonderful honour ... so well deserved as your work is so incredibly creative. Not only have I been inspired by you, but I learn so much from your tips and tricks when you try new products. You will be a wonderful addition to the Papercrafts Design Team. And think of all the fun you are going to have with your bounty of new products to play with :) We will all benefit too from you sharing your experiences. I'm so happy for you!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Ingrid Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a way to start off the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Well done you and well deserved Ingrid, what a fabulous prize!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE congratulations, yay for you! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say apart from you are one very special,wonderful lady who deserves everything you get because of your hardwork and talent. They couldn't have chosen a better person then you,yay for my super duper Inka ;)))

    Extra big congrat hugs
    Inky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. huge congratulations Ingrid - how wonderful - you so deserve it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, well done Ingrid and many congratulations. Bet you cannot wait to get your prize to use. Hope you take some photos to show us.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge congratulations Ingrid..a very worthy winner. Look forward to seeing your inspiration throughout the year. Enjoy your prize when you get it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Ingrid a huge congratulation's saw your pic and your makes in the magazine today i am so please for you enjoy your prize and look forward to seeing your wonderful makes for this year
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Ingrid, just got the magazine and saw the photo, knew it was you!
    Hope you have the space to put all this stash Lol!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Ingrid what a fabulous piece of news, sooooooo pleased for you! Well deserved. Shall pick up a copy at the airport on Monday and read all about you on my long flight, Lol! Amazing prize too.... Like you no idea how big that will be... I have a garage if you need some room, lol, just kidding. Well done again, this is brilliant xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ingrid . . . what an amazing achievement. Many congratulations to you. Very well deserved winner. Looks like you're all set for a fantastic year.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congradulations. This is great news. You can
    be proud of yourself. It looks beautiful.
    Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Ingrid, that is just the best possible news you could get! Huge congratulations, your makes are all so beautiful and you really are a very worthy winner. Congratulations on joining the team too, that is such a wonderful opportunity and will get your work viewed by a wider audience too. I am so thrilled for you. You certainly did have a very Happy New Year!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous, huge congratulations your work is always gorgeous and what a start to the New Year!! Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally amazing news Ingrid! Your work is fabulous and inspiring, this is very well deserved indeed. I bet you're like a Cheshire cat right now, I would be lol.
    Congratulatory hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOWSERS!! Oh my word, you must be over the moon right now! Congratulations Ingrid, what an honour and you completely deserve it! Those projects look fabulous! You are going to have so much fun spending that dough, wow, that's a lot of crafts!! I'm just happy for you my friend...make sure you keep us updated with your product choices! have a fabulous weekend, big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Warm congratulations Ingrid, it's well deserved, you create the most fantastic things, Happy New Year sweetie.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, it is good to hear that hard work, and talent of course, pays off :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woot Woot! Congrats! So well deserved! Cheers to a Happy and creative New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Ingrid I'm so pleased for you, CONGRATULATIONS! Your makes are always delightful, truly this is so well deserved. Belated Merry Christmas and a definitely Happy New Year!! Hugs Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic, fantastic news, Ingrid - I'm thrilled for you! And such a worthy winner too - your makes for the competition are wonderful, as is all your work. Hope you have an absolutely ball playing with your prize (wheee!)... and so exciting to be published every month. It hardly seems worth wishing you a Happy New Year - you're definitely going to have one!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations dear Ingrid.
    Have a happy New Year,stay healthy and creative. All the best for your future artworks.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Ingrid, totally amazing and huge congratulations to you. What a way to start 2015, well done and Happy New Year.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Huge congratulations Ingrid. I have been 'watching' your creations for a while and I am not surprised - your creations are stunning! Fantastic way to kick off a new year too. Enjoy it xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. congratulations Ingrid, you're a well deserved winner as your projects were stunning! I'm looking forward to following your creative journey. Have fun with your prize,
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, my Gosh, Ingrid!!! I had to get up from my chair and do a big happy dance for you! I am indeed so happy for you! You are a well deserved winner! And icing on the cake! To be on the magazine's design team! Woo Hoo! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Ingrid, just catching up on your fantastic news - Congratulations!!!
    WOW - what a fabulous prize. looking forward to seeing lots and lots of makew with all your goodies.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well done Ingrid, and well deserved, you are such a wonderfully creative person.
    Bryan.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations Ingrid, you're a well deserved winner! Your work is always beautiful and inspiring.
    Best wishes for a super 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow!!! You are so talented and you have been appreciated as you deserve!! Congrats!!! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.