Thursday, 12 March 2015

Faux Mother of Pearl technique


Hi!

I have a friend. I very sweet friend who is also one of the most talented crafters out there. I feel very honoured to be able say that she is my friend. She tells me she learns a lot from me. I don't know if she knows how much inspiration she provides for me and all her followers. She also has a very sweet name - Loll!

Loll has ce up with this awesome technique she calls 'faux mother of pearl' technique. She made a fab video that is can watch HERE.

Watched it yet? Well, it's awesome! I won't go into details because it is Loll's idea and she can explain it better ;) I can tell you that I don't have a pearl paint. I decided to experiment and find an alternative because I really wanted to try the technique. I used a couple of alternatives and I'd like to share the results of my experiments.


First.. I used the Cosmic Shimmer Liquid Pearl Glue.


I found that if you sponge the Distress Inks over it the glue will not resist very well and will soak up some of the inks. You can still see the pearl effect. If you however sponge with a dye based ink like I did with my Memento inksit wil resist much better.

Second.. I used the Ranger Liquid Pearl.


The photos above are not great. I was playing in the evening after seeing Loll's recent post about the technique. 

I found this to work better as it is not as sticky and more like paint when applying to a card. It leaves a more desirable pattern too. It is more pearl paint like and resists the Distress inks better. I mostly used my Memento inks on this card though. I prefer the results on this one.

I don't like wasting a thing and I used both pieces on a couple of cards. I hope Loll likes them! ;)





Challenges entered:
Addicted to CAS - Distress
Simply Create Too - St Patrick's Day or mostly green


I hope you find time to watch Loll's video and try this fun and easy technique!

Have a lovely time experimenting!

Hugs,

Ingrid xxx

20 comments:

  1. Fab cards loving the feathers very much. Looks like a great technique will watch video tomorrow, thanks for the link:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful card's Ingrid and a great technique have a wonderful weekend
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique Ingrid - both are just beautiful!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards Inka,this technique looks really interesting must give it a go ;)
    Extra big hugs
    Inky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried out Loll's technique a while ago and thought it was FAB. Your results are brilliant Ingrid and I love the cards you've made from your playtime!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, that technique looks great will be watching the video soon.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely springtime colours - such a pretty card!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Ingrid, will check out the technique! I love your colour combo on them. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have bookmarked the video to watch again. Your cards are so, so beautiful Ingrid, I really love the beautiful feathers too. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Ingrid! I love this technique of Lolls and you have really done it justice! Stunning colour combo! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Fabulous card you made with this technique!! Love the use of them for the background and also for the diecuts! Great result!
    Thanks for sharing them and the link to Loll's tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two goregous Faux M-of-P cards Ingrid. Love the colour combo ... so fresh and spring-like. Gorgeous layout and designs too! Thanks for the shout out, dear friend! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous Ingrid, this is one of my favourite techniques. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wow, Ingrid, amazing background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loll is awesome and you've done her proud, Ingrid! Good for you to experiment and with beautiful results! Both of these are beautiful cards! So glad you shared with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work and thank you for the how to's!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! These are both lovely. I am going to have to view this video now. Great job not giving up!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two beautiful cards Ingrid - love them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. a great technique - love the results Ingrid and thanks for sharing the link xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.