Monday, 16 March 2015

Filing can be fun ;)


Hi there! 

How was your day? I had a busy day in the office today. Thank Goodness I get to play with stationery when in the office at the very least. One has to keep an eye on their stapler though :) 

I played with a little different supplies at the weekend though. I have .. no, actually I HAD a filing case which was used for separating my ephemera, unfinished pieces of colorised card stock, leftovers and other treasures that 'might be useful one day'. I say 'had' because I managed to fill it so much I broke the clip and ripped the inside. Annoyed but thought not all is lost. I hate throwing things away so I started taking one divider out after another, they stayed in tact, then I removed the strong accordion structure. 




I cut of the rough sides of my dividers and made them all the same. I folded each in half, cut my accordion structure to size...see where I'm going with this?


 I used a strong double sided tape to adhere my newly created pages, sewn through the binding and ta daaah! 



I now have a craft journal with pockets.. A - Z. I can decorate my pages and fill the pockets with some ephemera, photos and die cuts or whatever else comes to mind. 

I covered a curtain ring using the natural twine and added some heat embossed rusted beads (Tim Holtz Rust EP). I was having so much fun I decided to decorate the front of it. I tried to stay away from flowers again, but still wanted it to have the girly pretty element to it. I recently received some Distress Stains and wanted to try them. I'm in love with the Persimmon colour! I used it with a bit of Festive Berries and Brushed Corduroy... I started with layering strips of paper, natural twine, corrugated white paper, pieces of the gorgeous tissue paper by Tim Holtz, some Gesso by Daler Rowney, Light Modeling paste by Liquitex thought the Script stencil by TCW, Prima crackle paste in white, more Gesso... I let it all dry naturally. That was the hardest part!



 I added my Distress Stains with some water. I also added the pretty Orange Tint Pan Pastel here and there! Oh I love how it lightened some areas and it was a great complimentary colour to my peachy/brown looking palette. I also used some Tarnished Brass spray by Tim Holtz, some pretty trims and laces and colorised them too. More Gesso to highlight. 
The big moth is a stamp by Stampendous from the Jumbo Butterfly Trio set. Simply stamped, coloured in using my Spectrum Noir markers, sponged using the Walnut Distress Ink and repeatedly heat embossed with a clear EP. I cracked it here and there to make it look like a broken glass, sponges the edges using my Potting Soil Archival ink. 
My background was nice and dry now so I decorated it using a combo of tiny beads and glitter and micro/caviar beads by Stix2. These are fab! They have loads of colours to choose from too! 
I added my cracked moth over some gauze, my sentiment with a charm and was done. 









What do you think? I told you.. Filing can be fun! :) 

Challenges entered: 
Pan Pastel UK - Alter It! 
Craft Stamper Magazine - Take a Stamp! AG
Country View Challenges - Anything Goes!
Simon Says Mondayblog - Lions & Lambs (I love butterflies and months)
Simon Says Wednesday Blog  - Things that fly
The Mirror Crack'd - Wings
That's Crafty! - Wings n Things!

I hope you like it! I'll be back soon! ;) hugs to you all! 

Ingrid xxx










28 comments:

  1. Fabulous altering Ingrid, love what you've done here...the result is so pretty. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Ingrid! I wish I could see this up close and be able to touch it - bet it's full of texture! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingrid, this is incredible! Awesome texture and a fabulous creation! So artistics! I really have to try to make something like that! Love this! Thank you so much for the inspiration!
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful job you've done and I don't know if it's just good photography but you can almost FEEL the texture through the computer screen. Leaves my effort looking a bit flat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Ingrid! A creative project idea and you have really turned it into a mixed media work of art! Stunning. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Inka,this is soooooo beautiful! I love the way you've done the butterfly,absolutely stunning and well done for recycling it all,very clever thinking ;). You really are texture Queen!
    Don't forget to enter this for That's Crafty! wings n things challenge too
    Extra big hugs
    Inky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous look and very useful container for leftovers and diecut. Love the ring and the crackled circle with butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now THAT's the way to conduct business! Gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic recycling Ingrid, the textures look awesome.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! What a great job on re-cycling your folder ...... it looks amazing! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! I have two of those file boxes and I have a local altered book group! This will just have to be my next altered book. Thank you so much for showing us this and your art on your book is beautiful and grungy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PAB Great project. Thanks for joining us in our Alter it challenge at Premium Crafts Brands Challenge blog
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous piece of re/upcycling, Ingrid - and the colours and layers on the front cover are completely stunning... yum, yum, yum!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting steps to read and great those photo's with them. And what a wonderful result, Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, the effect you have created with the cracked EP is AMAZING!! I had no idea you could achieve this kind of look. The texture on the rest of the piece is gorgeous. It love it all. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is recycling at it's best Ingrid, love the cover, stunning.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic project! Lovin' the crackled effect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is beautiful Ingrid ... I do love a bit of recycling! ....amazing results!! Love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow.. such a beautiful creation! Love the gorgeous colors and textures. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Swoonworthy Ingrid, totally inspiring! I am going to dig one out and have a go.Thank you for joining us over at Pan Pastel UK and good luck.
    Tracy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this fab techniques hun - TFS over at The Mirror Crack'd this month

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is absolutely STUNNING (all in caps)! I just wanted to add my voice in as yet another fan of this remarkable piece and congratulate you on being recognized in our Designer Spotlight for this. Excellent and inspiring work and I feel like the lucky one for having seen this! Thanks for sharing it here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning and fabulous Ingrid...just in heaven with all that texture...Congrats..Hugs Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Genius! I love this idea. What a gorgeous cover too. The persimmon colour really pops and so much fabulous texture. I have one of those files myself, not broken, wonder what I can do to break it! LOL

    Thanks for sharing your inspirational piece with us

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.