Monday, 6 April 2015

Glass Bead Gel fun

Hello and Happy Easter! :) 

I'm back from our glamping trip and thank Goodness for that! As nice as it was every muscle in my body hurts! I also missed crafting and seeing your gorgeous makes. There was no reception. I felt a little lost :)  

Welcome to my new blog buddies too! Thank you for joining me here. I do hope you will enjoy my posts. There haven't been many lately, I realise. My little family and I have been battling some viruses, colds, chest infections and are still not great, but are slowly starting to get back to normal. 

I have made a few things lately and have been wanting to share it with you. I think I'll start with a quick technique and a card. 

It's easy.. mix some Glass Bead Gel by Galleria with the gorgeous Distress Stains by Tim Holtz in the colour of your choice.  I used the Evergreen Bough, Iced Spruce & a tiny bit of Peacock Feathers mixed and applied separately, Iced Spruce around the edges... you get the idea. You can choose to make separate blobs and mix different colours in them or mix your custom colour... When ready just apply one or more mixetures through a stencil and let it dry naturally. This is the hard part!! Wait! Wait more..hard part over... And when completely dry cut it to size and use on your card as a front panel and decorate. 




TIP: mix some iridescent glitter into your clear or your coloured glass bead gel and then stencil for a homemade glitter bead gel! Or, you can mix the bead gel with some of the Tarnished Brass or the Brushed Pewter Distress Stains for a metallic effect. How cool is that?! 

Love it? Good! I do! I made a few fun backgrounds and bits for my journaling and other fun projects.. I might use them and share next time ;) As you can see you can use this on a CAS card or a more artsy mixed media project. 



Let me know your thoughts or if you try it let me know. I will come and see your make. 

Challenges entered: 
Virginia's View Challenge - Layers & Dimension
Simply Create Too! - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by! I'll be back soon! 

Hugs

Ingrid xxx

13 comments:

  1. Such a lovely effect Ingrid, hope your family will feel much better soon.

    Hugs and love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely make. Hope you all are feeling well soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your technique it looks a fantastic card.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay,my lovely Inka is back! What a fab idea and probably sooooo much cheaper then the faber castell one too. Loving the colour and sparkle,clever you ;)
    Will catch up properly with you later,glad everyone is okay
    Big huggy hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Ingrid, love the effect you've created. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is fab technique, Ingrid, I must try. Effect is awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the result is gorgeous Ingrid. So sorry your family has been plagued with illness lately. I can relate, my youngest had strep and mono.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo gorgeous. The texture on that is fabulous! It's stunning in all ways and I"m sure you'll be doing some fabulous makes with this technique long into the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic looking backgrounds. Can't wait to see what else you make with them.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Ingrid!! I love the how you got colour into the gel, I've always messed about with paints and that stuff, and it didn't really work too well, if 'Stains' is the way then hurrah!!! Thank you for sharing. I want to crack my tub open again!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The glass bead gel is so tactile i really enjoy working with it! Wonderful card, loving your colour choice very much.

    Hope you are feeling more rested from your glamping trip! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always enjoy seeing your experiments Ingrid. Each one is so beautiful and unique. Looking forward to seeing what you with them all. :) I LOVE glass bead gel and have used it for a while now. There's nothing that compares to the sparkles of the light bouncing off those beads! It also intensifies any colours that are underneath. Very cool product. Hubby and I are also fighting a virus right now. Take care and hope you and your family are feeling 100% soon! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.