Tuesday, 19 May 2015

GD for Country View Crafts: Simply Scenic

Hi! 

Welcome to my newest followers and a big hello to all! Hope you are doing well?

I have a special post for you today. There is a wonderful challenge running over at the Country View Challenges blog 'Simply Scenic' and I have been asked to create something inspirational for the challenge. 

I thought long and hard about my make and somehow I couldn't come up with anything. They say the best solution for a creative block is to CREATE! So I started and it was a mess as I kept making things rather than being creative. I don't give up easily though so I stopped thinking and started just playing and there it was. I think I've learned a valuable lesson in the process... don't over-think it. It's that easy! 


I created a couple of pretty backgrounds using my beloved Brusho crystals and some rock salt, stamped using the gorgeous silhouette stamps by Sheena Douglas. I cut it to size, painted a couple of grey boards cut to size using my Pebeo black Gesso and added eyelets. A voila! A brand spanking new album covers were alive! Don't you just love Brusho? A gorgeous sunset looking scene... I decided to keep the embellishments to minimum simply not to detract from the background. Let me know if you'd like me to write a little tutorial on how to make this. 




I hope you like the album covers and hope you are felling inspired a little :) 

Now hop over to the Country View Challenge blog and have a good browse! My post there should be up and you will most certainly find the most amazing bunch of creative souls sharing their gorgeous makes there. There is also a plenty of time to enter the May's challenge so have a go! 

http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

A big THANK YOU to Chris for inviting me to join Country View Crafts and share my make with you! It's been an honour! 

Challenges entered: 
Our Creative Corner - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Stamping Sensations - Flower Picasso
The Mixed Media Monthly - May flowers


All the best, 

Ingrid xxx 


19 comments:

  1. I most certainly DO LOVE BRUSHOs and these scenic covers are MAGNIFICENT . . .so atmospheric. LOVE THEM!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Inka and a great idea using coarse salt on the Brushos too,the colour you achieved is stunning!
    Big hugs
    Inky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful ALBUM COVERS iNGRID - STUNNing colours! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Ingrid!!! Fantastic scene in gorgeous color scheme... Hugs, Samra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mess turned into pure gorgeousness! I had to sit and look hard at all the detail, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I left a message for you at Country View :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, what simply gorgeous rich backgrounds, just magical, gorgeous album covers! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous inkyness! Love the brusho colouring and the silhouette type stamping.

    Thanks for joining us at a Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous backgrounds for the super images, they look magical.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a firework on colours, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such stunning covers, Ingrid! gorgeously coloured with brushos! Thanks so much for sharing it with us for our floral theme at Stamping sensations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ingrid! Fabulous album covers! Love your Brushos backgrounds--with rock salt--Cool!! The colors are so rich and luxurious! Just lovely!! Thank you so much for coming over to my April Showers Bring May Flowers challenge at Our Creative Corner!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Ingrid, these are amazing, they just totally glow from the inside out! Stuning, I just love both of them!! Thanks so much for adding them to our challenge at MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this project!! Those colors are gorgeous!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning, Ingrid. The inky effects are fab, and the intense colours are absolutely glorious - wonderful scenic cards. Great to have you with us over at Country View Challenges.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ingrid, wow the Brusho background really pops! Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner challenge this month. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stunning...Would love to know about the process of making this art piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous background colors! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.