Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Not so Shabby ;)

Hi there! 

We're half way through the week! Whooohooo! What a gorgeous sunny day it was today.. And I was stuck in he office.. Not so whoohooo.. But hey! Nearly there! 

I have a quick ish project to share with you today. This was supposed to be a light coloured crackled shabby chic door hanger which turned out rather urban looking. Well, when I start playing I might have a vision of what I'd like this or that to look like but sometimes end up taking a totally different route. I like to play and try new products and this time I ended up playing with my Decoart stash. It all started with a white Gesso, of course, added the gorgeous Burlap acrylic paint, Weathered Wood on top, dried it, Snow White on top & let it crackle. This is where it was heading in the shabby chic direction. Then I saw the fabulous Decoart designed stencils by Andy Skinner and just could not resist. This was the point when I decided to darken the background. Added tiny smudges of Cobalt Teal here and there & used the Quinacridone Gold fluid acrylic mixed with Bittersweet Chocolate acrylic paint and a tiny dash of my Matte Varnish over the whole hanger. Nice! 
I stenciled with Snow White and the gorgeous Cadmium Red Americana Acrylic paint using the Industrial Elements stencil and the Children stencil with the mask. A few splatters here and there and I was done. 





The hanger should read 'danger zone' really and go on the girls' bedroom as it looks like one every evening. Forget about pink an petals.. They are little terrors. The other day I couldn't find my little one. She's 19 months now, climbs everything, can talk a little and is a really sweet and affectionate thing when she doesn't wake me up screaming at 6:30am. So anyway.. The toys were all over the floor, I could hear her but couldn't see her. It's a small room really.. Looking closer I found out she removed the drawer from the toy cupboard, like a tornado thrown all toys out and climbed into the empty space of the cupboard sitting there and singing to herself. Bless her! 

Have a fab day/night wherever you are! I'll be back soon! 

Challenges entered: 
Frilly & Funkie - Snap, Crackle, Crackle
Anything But a Card - Inspired by the Masters (I think you may have guessed - Andy Skinner's techniques, tools... Andy Skinner indeed!)

Thank you for visiting! 

Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx

18 comments:

  1. Bless her getting into the toy cupboard. Great door hanger love the effect you've created.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I am loving all the detail here. DecoArt is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool door hanger, Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out really well! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic Ingrid! I'm afraid bedrooms don't get any better when they get older either!!! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is terrific and I love the backdrop for the photograph

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous door hanger, love the stencils and background texture.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab door hanger Inka, love how versatile those things are and this is a perfect example :)
    Ha ha Chloe sounds like you can't turn your back for a minute on her!
    Biggest hugs
    Inky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant project Ingrid, love this. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have achieved fantastic depth on your super door hanger. Great design.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cool hanger Ingrid, it came out beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little ones sound like a lot of fun especially your youngest lol. Can see why your door hanger would be perfect for them :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool project Ingrid. Looks like you had a lot of fun experimenting with new products. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous stencilling - I love how the children are heading off into the vortex - so atmospheric.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You styled it very creativ dear Ingrid. The template with the childred is so nice.
    All the best to you and your family.
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous door hand Ingrid! I love the amazing crackle texture in the background and the silhouetted girl and boy are such an eye-catching focal image! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Snap, Crackle, Crackle' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic project and I love the background and loved reading about your process.Thank you for joining us at Anything But A Card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved your inspiration! Very beautiful project. I too know what it's like in tornado alley, lol.
    thanks for joining us at Anything but a Card
    Brenda DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.