Thursday, 18 June 2015

GD for Frilly n Funkie: It's Summer!

Hi! 

I'm excited to share my make for the current challenge 'It's Summer!' over at the fabulous Frilly & Funkie blog. Yay!

What is the first thing you think of when we say 'summer'? For me it is definitely a summer holiday on a beach! I love the white sands of the Bahamas and the gorgeous crystal clear water. Diving there was the best experience ever, you can clearly see all the wonders of the underwater world. Something amazing, really. So my card for today is very much inspired by the beautiful Bahamas and the natural environment there. 



The card front needed to be sturdy as I knew I was going to be adding shells and other embellishments so I decided to use a corrugated board. I covered this in a couple of gorgeous papers by Lilly Of The Valley. I tore them, distressed them, added some crackle paste by Prima through Tim's stencil (Lace) and a Sand paste by Decoart here and there... then it was just a matter of hot gluing shells, flowers and covering them in a white gesso. Next came out my gorgeous custom made Aqua spray which I made using the Marianne Smith's Colour Lab Kit. If you want to find out more about this kit I have a 5 page spread about this fantastic product in the Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine which is on a sale from today! Whooohoo! I do hope you can buy your copy and learn a trick or two on how to use the kit ;) 

credit to Practical Publishing Int

credit to Practical Publishing Int
These sprays are fantastic. You can make 30 different colours and this aqua colour is just gorgeous. I added gloden mica powder in it so when it dries you can see the gorgeous shimmer in all the little crevices. Gorgeous and perfect for my summery card! I also added some Potting Soil Archival Ink to raised areas and edges, some of the gorgeous champagne gold colour Metallic Lustre by Decoart, more flowers, cheese cloth, splatters, more embellishments,.. oh it was a great fun! Here are some close ups for you...







I hope you can hop over to the Frilly & Funkie blog to check out the post and link up your summery interpretations. I shall look forward to admiring them all! If you would like to get in touch, share your thoughts or ask a question feel free to contact me, leave a comment or connect via my social sites then feel free! 

Thank you for stopping by! Have a lovely day! 

Ingrid xxx 

*********************************************************************************

Challenges: 

We Love To Create  - Anything Goes Mixed Media
Country View Challenges - Shabby Chic
Our Creative Corner - What makes you smile (summer & the Bahamas in my case)
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - A Year of Choices (MMMC#1 & MMMC#2)

24 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Ingrid!!! LOVE the whole Caribbean beach theme to this. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie as a Guest Designer. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the GD spot Ingrid, and this card certainly does say Summer. Gorgeous colours and textures and the shells are perfect.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ingrid, those are my favorite colours! What a stunning piece you've created! I love everything about this fantastic card! Perfect layering, fabulous flower arrangement with all those awesome details and amazing textures! I am impressed!
    Hugs :)
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your GD spot Ingrid, I love, love this gorgeous creation, who does'nt like the beach....x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ingrid, what a stunning piece! Holy moses, I sure do love that soft aqua colour, and all the mixed shells and glass elements have just sucked me right in!! A completely dreamy summer creation! What a treat to have you as our guest designer at Frilly and Funkie this week! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beachy blues...wow! Ingrid love the colors and this such a stunning card. I wonder how you fitted in so much goodies in a little card. Congrats on your DT post. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious colours and amazing textures. Love your project.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold and that vintage teal are just the perfect summery pairing. When a card is both shabby chic and elegant, you know you've got a winning combo! Super lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww!!! Just WONDERFUL! I can sniff the breeze of the sea in this stunning mixed media!...!! Really a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Ingrid, love all the yummy details! You can 't stop looking at this, so much to discover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your GD spot Inka and of course what a mouth watering creation you've made. Those sprays sound a bit like a must have too! Inka, you rock ;)
    Biggest arty hugs
    Inky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh just sooooooooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL. We were missionaries in Barbados for awhile and this just totally takes me back there. The colors, the flowers, the glass, the shells, the crackle and the crinkled edges.... just makes me think of that beautiful island. I hadn't thought of it in years - talk about inspiration!!! This is WONDERFUL. YOU are THE BEST Ingrid. Thanks bunches. j.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, this is stunning, it makes me want to go straight to the beach. I love the design and all the wonderful texture you added - simply beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Ingrid. Your works are always amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Ingrid! Woot woot! Your project is beautiful! Love all the texture and mix of pretty colors! The seashells add such a summery vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow ... this just scream summer, Ingrid. LOVE the aqua colour mixed with the shells and the bits of gold ... so beautiful. And the texture from your added layers, distressing, embellishments is just amazing. Congrats on your spread in the magazine ... I always learn so much from you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous Ingrid, love all the gorgeous texture and details!
    I am following your work in the magazine, it's lovely.
    Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saw and loved this over at F&F - it's stunning, Ingrid... so many amazing details and the colour is just to die for... I want to dive straight in! Congratulations on your fab looking spread in the magazine.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning art work, Kristina, congratulations for the spread!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  20. STUNNING!!! Hun, we're so glad you could guest for us at Frilly and Funkie - this is just the most amazing blend of turquoises and golds I have ever seen!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ingrid, this must be what Heaven looks like! I have been to the Bahamas before, and as beautiful as it is, the beaches there pale in comparison to these lovely colors and textures you have here! I love all you flowers, which really look like shells to me, the use of glass to capture the reflection of those lovely shades of turquoise and hints of gold, and the lacy bits and cheesecloth that remind me of coral. It's all just breath taking! Thank you for sharing! And congratulations on your Guest DT spot at Frilly and Funkie! What a treat it was for us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! I love all the elements you added that glittery bottle is FAB. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I love those colours, definitely the colour of summer holidays! That crackle texture through the stencils always works well. Thank you for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. such a gorgeous piece ingrid! and congrats on the magazine... so well deserved! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.