Sunday, 14 June 2015

New challenge at MMW - Masculine/Father's Day

Hi there, Lovelies! 

What a battle with the technology I had today... my pic reader decided to speak alien so I couldn't get the photos off it until I got an option to fix the issue and then our DT site on blogger decided to rebel. I don't know who at Blogger tinkers with what, but I would very much appreciate if this could be sorted. Aaaanyway,.. I got there in the end and a new post at Mixed Media World is up and our new challenge running so I hope you can join the fun. 

I had a lovely messy time creating a Father's Day card. It is not for Greg, he doesn't like mixed media.. he will get a printed Tesco's Value card printed on an A4 like he kindly did for me the other year when I asked him to make me a card for a Valentine's Day.. hehee... 


the fine specimen 

I put a little more effort into my card for a friend's hubby... I do hope he will like it... 


After creating a yummy texture on the background using a wall tape, cheese cloth, tissue paper covered in black gesso by Pebeo, I added some crackle paste by Prima and some Galeria glass bead gel. When dry I hot glued various embellishments, covered everything in black Gesso and sprayed the gorgeous Mixed Media line shimmer mister in turquoise by Decoart. I also used the white mister for contrast and the black mister for splatters, both by Decoart. In the end I added the Metallic Lustre (purple and champagne colours) by Decoart. How gorgeous these colours are together! Here are a few close ups... 




Thank you for stopping by! Hope you have a fab day! 

Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx

*********************************************************************************
Challenges: 

13arts - Textures & Layers
Craft Stamper Magazine - Take a Technique (Texture)
Anything But Cute - Make It Masculine
We Love to Create - Anything Mixed Media
A Blog Named Hero - Favourite (mixed media in my case)
Simply Create Too - Masculine


28 comments:

  1. Wow, totally wonderful creation Inka, beautiful texture as always and I love the combo of colours. Cheeky Greg, I hope you told him off for that!
    Big Inky hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Ingrid, the colours are gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of texture, beautiful colours, great project!
    Thank you for joining us at Craft Stamper Magazines Take it Make it blog challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Ingrid, what a stunning mixed media piece you've created! I am totally in love with your amazing texture and fantastic colour combination! Fabulous design with so many awesome details to look at! Sooo cool!
    Thank you so much for joining in our 'Make It Masculine' challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. He will like it, how couldn't he? It's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card, it will be realy appreciated.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who couldn't fail to love this it's fabulous, love it
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunning card full of wonderful colour and texture those colours look amazing together and I love how you combined all the parts. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Ingrid your layers are fascinating to look at. Stunning card.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now Blogger will not let me leave you a message! I just wanted to say your card is fantastic, I love the wonderful texture you created and the beautiful colours! Fantastic. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Ingrid full of stunning mixed media xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Ingrid - just popping over from Anything But Cute to say a massive THANK YOU for entering our challenge!! huge hugs, Gee xx

      Delete
  12. Wow Ingrid, this is just amazing!! You have really mastered the Finnabair style and yet I can always see Ingrid peeking through! So many amazing trinkets you put together here, I keep scrolling back up to see what else I may have missed! Your colours are truly gorgeous, they just sweep across the page with such harmony!! LOVE!!!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Make It Masculine' challenge, you hit a home run with this one! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW .. what a feast for the eyes this is! Will be appreciated for sure!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  14. So amazing Ingrid. I love the colours you've used for this ... and the layering of techniques, elements and texture is so incredible. I'm sure your friend's hubby will love this! Oh, and thanks fro sharing the LOVELY card your hubby gave you :) lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS.... SPECTACULAR... and ANY ONE except quirky hubbies would LOVE this Ingrid. Thanks BUNCHES for sharing. j.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful project Ingrid! Love all the layers, detail and pretty color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous work as always Ingrid, love the colour choices for this mixed media delight too! Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Gorgeous" would have to be one major understatement! This is freaking fantabuliciousexpeealladocious or however you spell it! I love all your bits and things, the texture!!!! and oh the COLOR! You have hit this one clear over to the next country, Ingrid! Thank you for joining our Make It Masculine challenge with this beauty! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's gorgeous Ingrid love all those different textures. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It challenge, Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! This looks amazing .... I love all the texture and the colours are stunning! Great job!! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing textures and depth of colour Ingrid, fabulous! Your friends hubby is very lucky and I think your hubby should reconsider what he thinks about mixed media, this card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my!!! What an amazing work of art this is!!! Love all the bits and pieces added to it! Thank you so very much for joining our Make It Masculine challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning project! Thank you so very much for joining our Texture and Layers challenge at 13arts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous layers of colour and shimmer - what a cool creation!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would wager that this was a huge hit because it is a fabulously masculine piece. Love the colour palette and the great Finnabair style you created with all the added bits and pieces. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my goodness, what a stunning piece!!! love the industrial chic look and yet so masculine. thanks for joining us at 13@rts!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So so beautiful!!!! Thanks for joining us at 13@rts!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.