Wednesday, 22 July 2015

File journal page #4

Hey! I'm back!

I hope you had a nice day?

I promised to show you the other page spread in my handmade file journal. Here's my yesterday's post with the page no 3, in case you are curious. Before I do though I'd like to welcome my new blog buddies! It's so nice of you to join me here! I hope you will enjoy my art and my posts!

I have a mixed media summery page spread here...



If you've been following my blog you'll know that I love creating interesting textures, use fun colours and a dash of sparkle makes me super-happy. I even came up with a name for my crazy style of mixing grungy with glitzy... 'glam grunge'... catchy, right?! :) hehee...




I created heaps of texture using dry wall tape, various laces and strings, added some messy stenciling with the TCW stencil and some heavy white Gesso, etc... I wanted this page spread to be pretty yellow and summery looking so added a mixture of beads, some flowers and some flower soft. I finished it with homemade sprays and other inks. To embellish I added a few fun bits and bobs by Tim Holtz. I think you will recognize them all so no need to describe... just enjoy some more pics and I shall look forward to hearing from you ;)




If you you are enjoying the fresh colours may I point out that the new issue of the Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine is out now! I'm sharing my own fun tie dye transfer technique on a huge 6-page spread and a few fun cards perfect for the season! I would absolutely adore if you were to try it out and let me see your your cards or arty pages using the technique. Let me know if you do ;)




Thank you for stopping by today! I'll be visiting your gorgeous blogs later on so am really looking forward to seeing some of your crafty goodness!

Big hugs!

Ingrid xxx

*********************************************************************************

Challenges:
Mixed Media Place - Creative Gym Exercise #10 ('Creativity' is so close to my heart...)
Frilly & Funkie - Raise It Up! (felt inspired by the DTs work so much I had to give it a go!)
Craft Stamper Magazine - Take a Stamp, July challenge: Anything Goes (I used the beautiful texture stamps by Andy Skinner/Stampendous)
Simon Says Monday blog - Letter I (I used a few inks...)
Simon Says Wednesday Blog - Sparkle & Shine


32 comments:

  1. Gah.... There is SO much fabby texture and amazing splotches of color here. It's a feast for the eyes. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous journal page spread, awesome textures.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Ingrid! gorgeous design and details! I am so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! I am having a weekly month long giveaway of Simon Says Stamp gift cards on my blog to celebrate my birthday, stop by and comment for your chance at winning!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the texture you've created on these gorgeous pages Ingrid. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smiling big thinking of your big spread in the magazine Ingrid. So thrilled for you and what a treat for all their readers. And there is serious texture on this journal layout - wow... soooo intriguing. Love the colors - so summery and fun too. Always love seeing your creations. Hugs. j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This journal page is sooo beautiful! I love the texture and the color combo..it is totally stunning Ingrid! :)
    I don't know why you have that option "Total Rubbish" in reactions? You really are a rock star in craft world! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pages! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful spread with all the texture and beauty you created. Your tie and dye article looks fantastic as well

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Ingrid, I just adore your File journal! What a stunning spread you've created! Absolutely beautiful! Fantastic texture and amazing colours! LOVE it!
    Hugs!
    Branka x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another wonderfully textured page. Fantastic.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic work! Your page is really beautiful and so powerful. Thank you for joining our challenge at the Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Ingrid, this page is blowing my hair off! The colours, the layout, those flowers, those beads, that texture...dang girl, can't say enough about this beauty!! Congrats on your spread!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Ingrid, I completely forgot to say Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Raise It Up' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous grungy summery look - just love these pages... I'm off to check out page 3!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jaw droppingly gorgeous hun, the colour is so cheery too. I want to reach out and touch it - I'm weird right?! Seriously is so full of bumpy mixed media goodness :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie hun xx

      Delete
  15. LOVE it.... I am just curious, can you close the book with all the flowers etc - or is it meant to stay open?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've got another hat on now, hehe... Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. Gorgeous project, but you already knew that !
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such gorgeous pages, Ingrid. Love the great colors and texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another gorgeous set of journal pages and I LOVE the colours, the yellow really pops against the white and the kraft background! Stunning! Thank you once again for sharing your projects and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful art journal spread! I am loving that summery yellow on those flowers and the glitz/grunge just blows me away! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice pages. I like the colors you have chosen. The fresh yellow looks very good to the brown pages.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so beautiful!! Love all the textures and the summery yellow together with the craft. Amazing page! Your article looks stunning, I will see if I can find it in the shop. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously...I'm swooning! I love all your layers and texture. Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. More fabulous journal pages ..... I love the colours! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yahoo Ingrid! Congrats on the pub! Your project is beautiful! Love all the texture and blossoms! So creative and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your glam grunge style - the colours, the layers - fabulous! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all the details you have on your page! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a gorgeous page! Awesome details and structure! Thanks for joinging our challenge at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really stunning! Loving the colors, too! Thank you for joining in the fun at Mixed Media Place this month!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful pages Ingrid, absolutely love what you've created here! Hugs Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.