Sunday, 5 July 2015

GD for Mirror Crack'd

Hello!

Thank you for visiting. It's been a while since I posted. I've been a little busier than usual so haven't been posting much. I had a wedding to attend which was lovely because I could catch up with all my friends and see what they'be been up to. I also had a pleasure of meeting Hi Excellency The High Commissioner of the Bahamas, Eldred E. Bethel, and his charming wife as well as other fabulous people together celebrating the 42nd anniversary of the Independence of The Bahamas at the Four Seasons Hotel here in London. Awesome event full of lovely people, wonderful canap├ęs, champagne and the best Bahamian rum punch ever! The hotel was so gorgeous! I could easily live in just one of the bathrooms full of black marble, flowers and abstract art! We had a few official photos taken which I am yet to receive, but cheekily took a few on my iphone (not of the officials as that would not be appropriate)...



    
Imagine having such a chandelier in your hall! When I grow up I definitely want a bathroom like this and the Master of The Ceremony was so big and awesome looking I simply had to have a pic with him :)

I haven't been slacking in my craft room though. I worked on a tag that remains half done, I worked on a tiny encaustic album that also has the covers only and I made a canvas that I'd like to show you today. I have a couple of cards to still work on and send to the magazine for shooting and editing... I also spoken to our new sponsor for Mixed Media World.. Yes, yes, yeees! Exciting times so stay tuned!

Now I do have some fun canvas for you. I am very honoured to have been invited to guest design for The Mirror Crack'd challenge blog. How exciting is that?! Their current challenge is all about a 'Canvas'. Imagine the possibilities! You can create anything at all as long as your masterpiece is on a canvas.


I took the opportunity and went ahead with a technique I wanted to try for some time. I took a walk into my little garden once again and this time picked a few dried grasses and various weeds. No, I wasn't intending to do weeding although it might be a good idea.. I hung the weeds high up after giving it a good shake to get rid of any tiny creatures that might be hiding in the weeds. Enough time passed, I took the weeds inside and put them into counter top.. Gave it a shake, made mess, no bugs.. Fine! Got a canvas out and covered it in white gesso and pieces of a cheese cloth. I arranged the dried weeds and slapped more gesso on top, applied some crackle  paste by Prima and let it all thoroughly dry. I worked on my little encaustic album whilst it was drying so I will show you the results soon..


When the canvas was nice and dry and crackled I added some natural hues to the canvas using the Distress Stains and sprays by Tim Holtz and also used my Aquarelle pencil by Faber-Castell in dark brown to shade the areas around the stems to give it the 3D look even more. A few splatters with the gold Distress Spray by Tim Holtz,  few highlights and it was done....





I love nature and wanted to create some abstract realism incorporating nature itself. I hope you like the canvas. Feel free to leave me a comment or two here or over at The Mirror Crack'd as am rather curious what you have to say about this one :) 

Have a lovely day! 

Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx

*********************************************************************************
Challenges:
The Mixed Media Monthly - Summer Days
That Craft Place - Anything Goes Mixed Media
Love to Create Challenge - Anything Mixed Media/Creative/Inky Goes


22 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Ingrid, TFS the photos, glad to know you had great time at London.
    Your canvas is awesome, gorgeous texture, fantastic idea with weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your guest spot Ingrid, and your canvas is just incredible! What a brilliant idea to use real foliage from your garden, you are just so creative! I love how you accented them, the browns and greens are just dreamy and your crackled ground is amazing!! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ingrid, wonderful pictures at the gala you attended and your dress is lovely. Your canvas is totally beautiful and such a perfect idea to incorporate nature (without nature's little critters). I love the canvas - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW it is so beautiful Ingrid...awesome texturing
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project! The texture is just awesome..love the photos of the evening.. what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photographs

    I love the art piece and the wonderful way that you made it. Thank you for sharing your technique

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous canvas Ingrid, so nice to have you with us at The Mirror Crack'd. You look great on the photos, thanks for sharing them with us, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey Inka,you clever girl! Absolutely love this make, really natural and rustic,fab idea that I just may have to 'borrow'!
    By the way, you look very glam ;)
    Biggest hugs
    Inky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Sounds like a once in a lifetime event that you were able to attend. You looked lovely!! The piece of art you created is STUNNING!! I love that you go to your garden and pick weeds to use for your piece. All the texture, the colors you used-breathtaking art piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you at The Mirror Crack'd, dear Ingrid, and I am happy to have found my way to your beautiful blog! I simply love this piece of yours as it is right down my present alley, with its colours, texture and theme. I have to get some weeds and try it myself... Thanks so much for this unique inspiration!
    Greets from Manu

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great, heading over ...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your nature canvas Ingrid - the textures and colours are beautiful - you'd never know they were weeds !! It's great having you with us at The Mirror Crack'd..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Ingrid - I am TOTALLY AWED by the way you managed to capture nature forever on your canvas. This is just INCREDIBLE in every way. There is no way to describe how much I adore this.... everything about it is FABULOUS.

    I also love seeing the pictures of your time with the High Commissioner. I can't even image going to something that fancy!!! So fun to see.

    And lastly... I just want you to know that I am honored to be a guest designer with YOU. I consider you to be such a special mentor, teacher and icon - that I am not sure how in the world I am sitting on the same page with you. It's by watching you and folks like you that I am here - you made it happen for me... so THANKS BUNCHES for inspiring me as you do. X j.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your guest spot Ingrid. I love how you used natural foliage on your canvas, clever you! Hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Ingrid for beeing our GD over at The Mirror Crack'd. Your piece of nature is a masterpiece, I could look for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing canvas, Ingrid!
    Love it to bits! Especially the idea and the subtle colours you have achieved! You have captured the fragility of nature with your canvas! Beautiful!

    Thanks for being with us at The Mirror Crack'd as our lovely GD!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful and I love the techniques you have used,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ingrid! Your canvas is wonderful, very creative technique! The pictures are awesome too, you're very beautiful and it sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful work - so lovely to incorporate the garden grasses and flowers - it's fabulous. Looks like the event was pretty fabulous too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! thats beautiful. thanks for joining us at That Craft Place hugs, kay

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous canvas! I love that use used items from your garden - minus the bugs! Love all the details. Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful project. Thanks for playing along at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.