Monday, 13 July 2015

MMW#5: Stencils & a bit of Gelli Plate fun

Hi there! 

There is a exciting new challenge starting at the Mixed Media World challenge blog and this time the theme is super-fun and relatively easy so I hope you can all join in! 

Georgie is asking us to be creative with Stencils. I made a fun little card using my Gelli Plate & the Andy Skinner's 'Vogue' stencil & masks for my card. I also used the 'Sunburst' stencil by Andy Skinner for the background. The paints used are by Decoart and it is the gorgeous Chalky Finish range. 



I knew this was going to be quite an artsy card so didn't hold back when I decided to draw on the ladies. I added a bit of colour with Spectrum Noir colour pencils and a few from the Aquarelle pencils by Faber-Castell as well as sponged lightly with Memento Inks in Pear Tart and Teal. I also used a bit of sponging using the archival Potting Soil ink here and there to add shading. 

We have a fabulous new sponsor ... 

That's Crafty!

... who we have teamed up with for their launch of their new mini stencils! Our winner will receive 10 of these beauties and of course a chance to guest design for our next challenge! Exciting stuff, right?! 

Hop over to Mixed Media World to see what our Guest Designer made and the spectacular inspirational makes from my dear teamies! 

Thank you for stopping by! 

Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx

*******************************************************************************

Challenges: 


17 comments:

  1. What a fun card this is Ingrid!!! Love the bright colors and such gorgeous choice of images! Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fleeeepin' cool! Quite artsy is an understatement. LOVE the coloring here and the funky mod background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Ingrid, took me back to my disco days lol. Fab background but your figures looks amazing. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! this is absolutely STUNNING!! I love the disco, funky feel to this. That background is just amazing-the color of the paper dolls really POPS against it. Really stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Inka, funky and fab which is of course just like you ;)
    Big hugs
    Inky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card, the images look gorgeous,
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great effect achieved on this Ingrid, super card
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fashionable piece Ingrid! I love the vintage colour combo and the texture looks so amazing!! Hope all is going well for you in your neck of the woods. Miss ya! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card and so chic! I love those hand drawn images, great work, Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. amazing.. so much motion in it! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In love with this Ingrid. Totally makes me think of my Mama back in the day.... she would have worn both of these outfits and looked very much like your ladies here!!! I have the Vogue set and you have inspired me to try to use them... this is just wonderful. And I LOVE ORANGE so your background is PERFECT. It also just has a mystical feeling to it - like them are time travelers or in another world runway show.... captured in a time blurb somehow... anyway... just saying... it's FABULOUS. j.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just brilliant Ingrid, I love the vogue models and the radiant background you created - awesome as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Artsy is a great word for this creation, it is totally stunning! It took me back to my childhood, my Mum used to make all her own clothes and she wore clothes just like these. Love the gorgeous background you created too! Beautiful work Ingrid! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Ingrid! Love the fancy images and beautiful background! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is brilliant, Love the bright colors and gorgeous choice of images
    corinne de france

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous colours and gorgeous shading on the women - so stylish.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Ingrid, love your background and the ladies really pop off of it, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.