Thursday, 29 October 2015

Altered box

Hi there!

I have been a little absent from blogging, because I had to put all my energy into the sale of my house. That's done now so before I move and have my life turned upside down again you will hopefully see more of my creations :)

I once bought a little wooden sewing box for few pence and it's been pushed into the corners of my craft space. It was looking very boring and in a need of a makeover....




I removed the embellishments and gave it a layer of a white heavy body Gesso. I really love the TCW mandala stencils and I used one to decorate the lid with the White Crackle Paste by Prima. Whilst still wet I sprayed this layer with Vintage Photo by Tim Holtz... then waited... for about two seconds and heat dried it! ooooh... I know! I just couldn't be bothered to let it dry naturally this time round. When dry I applied the Dusty Concord Distress Ink over the raised areas with a sponge and then used my fingers to apply the gorgeous Metallic Lustre in purple colour! Nice!



I also used the Golden Metallic Lustre for the sides and added dashes of the Dusty Concord to the edges here and there....


In the end I added one of my handmade rusty flowers to top. Job done!




That was fun! I'll show you another altered bottle, this time using the gorgeous Silk Paints by Colorarte.... but that is better left for another day :)

Take care! Big hugs,

Ingrid xxx

*******************************************************************************

Challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Love to Create - Anything Mixed Media/Creative Goes
That Craft Place - Anything Mixed Media Goes


13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ingrid. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is amazing!!! I love the texture and that flower you created is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow wow Ingrid, absolutely stunning!! Love those gorgeous brown and purple hues together and the textures look fantastic. That flower is out of this world!! Congrats on your house sale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful alteration-love the flowers on top

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous transformation hun, love how we can give things a new lease of life with our wonderful products and you've given this a new beautiful start! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous project, what lovely texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks stunning Ingrid! Wishing the best for your move!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is a stunning alteration, super textures. and flowers.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning transformation Inka in your own unique style, love it ;)
    Big Inky hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ingrid, wow what a transformation of the old sewing box!! I love the flower you have made to go on the top.... very creative! Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous makeover Ingrid!
    best wishes on your move! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning as always Ingrid!! Just popped my head in to say thanks so much for all of the kind comments you left for me while I was away, you are so sweet! I am mostly all settled in now and finally able to take some time to visit my favourite blogs!! Take care and I will see you again soon. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous texture on your altered box, and I love that shimmering violet colour. Wishing you lots of luck with house completion - always a nightmare!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.