Sunday, 15 November 2015

GD for 12 Christmas Tags with Loll and Friends

Hi there!

Thank you for stopping by! As the title suggests, I have the pleasure of sharing a little Christmas tag with you as one of the invited designers for Loll's annual event Twelve Christmas Tags with Loll & Friends. 

GD for Twelve Tags of Christmas

I got very excited when I received the invite from Loll again this year. Last year I created a little winter wonderland on my tag and this time I thought I'd do something a bit more rustic looking. 

I started with collaging some real music (my other half is a musician and was about to throw it away! Sinner! I salvaged it :)) I added a doily onto my tag. white gesso and a dash of white Crackle Paste went over it, when dry I blasted it lightly with my heat gun which lifted the corners of the doily revealing the music sheet underneath it! What a lovely surprise I thought! I love happy accidents! :)



I distressed & sponged the edges and stamped using the Archival Potting Soil ink. The branch stamp is from the gorgeous Christmas stamp set by Clear Impressions. I added the gorgeous Shabby White frantage by Stampendous randomly around the edges to add interest to my background.

The flower is my own design, I simply drew a few petals of different sizes and irregular petals on some thicker vellum, dyed it using the Festive Berries, Barn Door, Peeled Paint for the greener leaves & let it dry. Once dried, I scrunched them up a bit on the tips, added Walnut Stain to the 'hills' and edges, covered in Clear Rock Candy crackle paint by Tim Holtz, glued together with some tacky glue & added the Gold Stickles by Ranger Ink to the centre of the flower. A few stamens & a string were added to add layers.


A little tip for you... if you want your string to be nice and stiff looking rather than floppy just add a little bit of the fabric stiffener by DecoArt & leave it to dry. I simply run my fingers over it with the stiffener and hand it high up to dry straight. Once dry, I lightly roll it up & store for when it's needed. You could dye your string in any colour and then use the stiffener, if you want it to coordinate with your project. I was happy to keep it white for now. Btw, when I say string, this is actually a thin crochet yarn. You can use the stiffener on any textile really. The rusted wire simply had to be added using a mini stapler. Love this stuff! I also added a little word sticker by Tim Holtz. I went over the sticker and the whole tag with the white Ink Edger by Prima.


Maybe one more tip.... the white flourishes on each side of the flower were also handmade using an air-drying clay & a silicon mould. If you dust you silicone mould with a little bit of corn starch, press your clay in, let it dry & remove. Paint with white gesso and sponge over raised areas using Potting Soil ink (or whatever you want). Lightly sand down any rough edges too.

I heat embossed my eyelet using the Vintage Photo EP by Tim Holt giving it the rusted look before applying it to my tag. The ribbon/seam was dyed using a combination of Peeled Paint & Evergreen Bough stains. Oh, and a dash of Crushed Olive, all by Tim Holtz. I hope I haven't forgotten anything. If you have any questions then leave a comment below... here's the finished tag...


I hope you like it! I had a great fun working on it.

I hope you can join Loll's challenge. You could win a voucher from STAMPlorations or Happy Little Stamper or even a wonderful stamp set designed by Deepti! Hop over to Loll's blog for more details!

Thank you for stopping by!

Ingrid xxx

*******************************************************************************

Challenges:
Love to Create - Anything Mixed Media/Creative Goes
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog - Texture
Stamping Sensations - Festive Flowers & Foliage
That's Crafty!  - Tag You're It!





28 comments:

  1. Your tag is AMAZING, Ingrid!! Thank you so much for including all your steps to making this work of art. The elements you've used are all so beautiful by themselves, but added together in this tag ... it is incredible! Thank you do much for being a Guest Designer for my Twelve Tags of Christmas event! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an artistic masterpiece, Ingrid! That poinsettia is breathtaking! All of the details and media you used are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Love the addition of the gold bough background

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Ingrid!! Love, love, love the beautiful poinsettia, and all the rustic touches! And thanks for the tip on the fabric stiffener - will definitely be trying that! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this more than I could ever tell you! I love how you later so many mediums to create such great texture and age. The handmade flower is something I have thought I'd but not tried yet and you've given me so many ideas!!! Can't wait to play. I really love the tip you shared on the fabric stiffener. Amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A work of art, Ingrid! Truly, a work of art!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingrid, this is an outstanding mixed media tag! It's GORGEOUS! I love how beautifully you formed your poinsettia. The background, FABULOUS! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunner this is Ingrid . . . LOVE that gorgeous flower you created . . . inspiring! Have a great upcoming week! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning vintage tag! Adore the rich textured background and that realistic poinsettia. I wondered where the flourishes were from...gorgeous homemade results and the rusty wire just finishes it off perfectly...a stunner Ingrid. Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Ingrid what a beautiful vintage Christmas tag! I love that happy accident with the doily on that luscious background! Your homemade poinsettia is just gorgeous and so lifelike! I, too, am wondering where the silicone mold comes from--your clay flourishes are just lovely, and I would love to get my hands on that mold! This is just a stunner of a tag! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like It??? Are you kidding? I LOVE IT!!
    Thank you so much for all the tips you gave, I only wish one of my pieces would turn out so lovely!! Just exquisite Ingrid!!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful christmas tag. Also your flower looks fantastic.
    thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.
    kind regards, Dora

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a stunning Christmas tag! I love the background and your gorgesous flower. Really beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join with us again.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful tag Ingrid. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Ingrid! I just love your classic Christmas colour palette, can't go wrong with with berry red! Beautiful background, so vintage and elegant! Love it my friend. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunningly beautiful tag Ingrid. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Viv (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your vellum poinsettia is so deeply red - just gorgeous against your beautiful background - what a lovely tag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a nice and amazing Tag. I like the soft stamped and frosty background and the fresh red blossom as a contrast. Lovely!
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my what a beauty! Mesmerizing and breath taking :) those textures are superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elegant and absolutely stunning, Ingrid! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What can I say .... this is just so gorgeous, and that poinsettia is simply stunning!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for all the inspiration and the details on how you created this masterpiece. Love everything about it and your attention to detail is fabulous...love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your vintage tag, Ingrid, and the poinsettia is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A fabulous tag, Ingrid. Thanks for sharing with our challenge this month at Stamping sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a splash of colour, this is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  26. Holy jaw-dropping amazingness.... Wow. Just... wow. That vellum poinsettia is divine and I can't believe you just drew it out yourself. This is just beyond stunning. Pinned, then pinned some more so I could drool over this again later. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this is so gorgeous, Ingrid - a beautiful poinsettia, but it's that stunning background in sparkling neutrals which has completely captured my heart.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.