Sunday, 8 November 2015

MMW#9: Anything Goes & my Xmas Tag

Hi there!

I am back with a little Christmas tag made for our new challenge at the Mixed Media World. It's 'Anything Goes' this time round so I hope you can all relax and get creative. 

I have been working on a few things lately. I have altered a couple of things, I have been playing with my new Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolours by Kuretake. They are gorgeous! I haven't done any journaling for a while and I'm starting to have an itch. Have you got a new favourite craft toy or something you just fell in love with? I'm already compiling my Christmas list (nope, never too old to have a Christmas list, I like to be organised :).... and get what I want, heheheee...socks and pants are banned in our household!) and I think the new Mini Gelli Plates will be most definitely on it! Have you tried them yet? What are your thoughts? 

I also worked on a couple of commissions for one of my favourite magazines! That was fun, but it took some time to complete. It gets so dark very quickly here in the UK and if I'm super unlucky it rains as it is then dark all day!
Anyway, back to the challenge... 


That's Crafty! are sponsoring our new challenge and you could win a £20 voucher to their online store! Go for it! 

.

This little tag serves a double purpose. I decided to give my dear friend Loll a helping hand by spreading the news about her wonderful challenge as a little thank you for being patient with me :) ...and so I made a little tag that I intend to enter! Well, I hope she likes it! :) 



I started by creating a simple inky background. The little birdie is a collaged napkin that I have had for ages. I added some colour with Big Brush pens by Faber-Castell & added details using my black Micron pens. 



I added some thin tissue paper to the edges of the tag with my Mod Podge and crinkled it as I went. I added some Vintage Photo ink & Vintage Photo Embossing Powder by Tim Holtz and some golden gilding flakes by Cosmic Shimmer. A little bit of stamping for good measure...as you do, and a few embellishments, mostly by Tim Holtz, including a dyed ribbon/seam binding. The numbers are chipboard stickers that I altered using inks and Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint by Tim Holtz. 



I hope you like it! Feel free to leave a comment below and don't forget to hop over to the MMW challenge blog to see what Amanda and other DT members have been up ;) 



Thank you for stopping by! 

Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx

*********************************************************************************
Challenges:
Love to Create Challenge - Anything Mixed Media/Creative Goes 



17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous textures, colors and beautifully colored bird image. TFS Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO BEAUTIFUL Ingrid!! :) You always add the most amazing elements to your tags and cards. The bird and branch are so beautiful ... and the tissue adds lots of texture and dimension. But those flakes ... they are the 'piece de resistance' --- AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous tag at my Twelve Tags of Christmas event. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your christmas tag Ingrid! The vintage brown with touches of gold look gorgeous, and no, never too old for a wish list... I have one too ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous vintage style and look to your awesome tag.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag Ingrid! Love the gold shimmery detail and the sweet bird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingrid!!
    This tag is absolutely Gorgeous!! The vintage look and that Cardinal- just stunning!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This rustic texture is remarkable with the pop of red! Gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy mica flakes and gold touches around the beautiful image of the bird and branch! Beautiful tag! Glad to see you playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That crinkled-and-inked tissue paper has the most amazing effect on your tag. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas tag Ingrid! I love that little birdie and your background is amazing! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, Ingrid! Love the look you've got with the napkin! Sweet bird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wow tag! Love the pop of red and green !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely Ingrid! Love your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing tag, Ingrid, in every way! I love the textured vintage background and the little bird just stole my heart! Love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully Shabby Chic tag! The gold with the traditional red and green is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Again, I'm loving the pop of bright colours against the sepia background - a really sweet robin, and a gorgeous tag.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.